U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 01:01 PM

551 posts, read 81,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
The AC in the Ohio River Valley is mostly to remove moisture, which (at least where I live) lingers around 90% and above all summer, along with the dew point, resulting in a heat index over 100%. It's so true that "it's not the heat; it's the humidity." And yes, it's miserable; all who claim to love summer and hot weather just huddle indoors the entire time.
LOL no. I go outside often and do hiking, fishing/crabbing, boating, yard work, spending time outside, etc. whenever there's an opportunity. Hardly staying indoors all the time. You may argue that Seattle doesn't really get hot, but Seattle gets heat waves with temperatures in the 90s F and I find that I like the heat. Humidity doesn't really bother me either.

That being said, I would not enjoy excessively hot summers such as summers in Phoenix or Houston. But summers in about half of the country aren't that hot and are pretty enjoyable.
Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or