Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2018, 09:36 PM

5 posts, read 1,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
Due to the quiet sun, I feel that the Midwest and Great Plains are in danger of becoming a subarctic climate, which is even worse than what anthropogenic climate change would have caused
You're not serious, are you?

Only places in the Midwest that are anywhere near a subarctic climate would be the Northwoods of Minnesota/Wisconsin and the UP of Michigan. And becoming one won't happen because the planet is warming. You're absolutely delusional if you think Indianapolis or any place in the Midwest would ever be a subarctic climate outside of an ice age.

Last edited by Splark Flark Nark; 12-18-2018 at 10:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2018, 09:44 PM

3,341 posts, read 5,558,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
Due to the quiet sun, I feel that the Midwest and Great Plains are in danger of becoming a subarctic climate, which is even worse than what anthropogenic climate change would have caused
Minneapolis will have May's and September's with avorage temps below 10C and the sammer months will struggle to reach 25C. It would be davestating for the US.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candle View Post
Minneapolis will have May's and September's with avorage temps below 10C and the sammer months will struggle to reach 25C. It would be davestating for the US.
Climates in 2050:

Indianapolis = Fairbanks
Chicago = Fort Yukon
KC = Thompson, Manitoba
Minneapolis = Verkhoyansk
Isleofturd's home address = Vostok Station

Old 12-18-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splark Flark Nark View Post
Climates in 2050:

Indianapolis = Fairbanks
Chicago = Fort Yukon
KC = Thompson, Manitoba
Minneapolis = Verkhoyansk
Isleofpalm's home address = Vostok Station
Dallol=Murmansk
Berlin=Singapore
Singapore=Berlin
Murmansk=Dallol

Hey, it could happen. Don't be so sure of youself!

Old 12-18-2018, 10:03 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,774,375 times
Based on future theoretical tectonic reassimilation I can conclude that the following changes in climate will occur.

Eureka=Denver

Fairbanks=Singapore

Miami=Verkhoyansk

Vancouver=Fair Isle...

Old 12-18-2018, 10:06 PM

The brutal solar minimum is gonna turn Miami into Eureka, Nunavut.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splark Flark Nark View Post
The brutal solar minimum is gonna turn Miami into Eureka, Nunavut.
Will this meaned that Eureka (Nunavut) maded a climate more similar to Eureka (California)? It's a very interasting nötion.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:16 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I can say that they're still trying to spin the weather into a push for selling global warming to the general public. Today I heard the US weather outlook and the reporter stated that the country had above normal temperatures in ... southernmost Texas and southern Florida. And then near normal temperatures across the midwest and south to below normal temps in the northeast and northern plains. So WTF? Why not just be accurate and truthful and say the country was colder than normal except in the extreme southernmost edges of the country where it was just barely above normal. Low 70s in Brownsville and Miami. Yeah, that's a heat wave.
Cold weather doesn't make the news, warm weather is a front page headline. Why the need to sell global warming?

Old 12-18-2018, 10:20 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,406,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I can say that they're still trying to spin the weather into a push for selling global warming to the general public. Today I heard the US weather outlook and the reporter stated that the country had above normal temperatures in ... southernmost Texas and southern Florida. And then near normal temperatures across the midwest and south to below normal temps in the northeast and northern plains. So WTF? Why not just be accurate and truthful and say the country was colder than normal except in the extreme southernmost edges of the country where it was just barely above normal. Low 70s in Brownsville and Miami. Yeah, that's a heat wave.
Cold weather doesn't make the news, warm weather is a front page headline. Why the need to sell global warming?
I disagree, the polar vortexes of 14 and 15 were very hot topics.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:21 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,774,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
What kind of ****ty channel were you watching??

This is a temperature anomaly map of the US today. Clearly mostly above average, and actually slightly below in South Florida. https://m.imgur.com/KEWG7Ff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather