Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 03:20 PM

1,841 posts, read 1,489,523 times

Advertisements

I'd prefer stagnant weather. The best part about America is that almost all places have change of leaf colors in the Fall. The climate of the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Midwest have the 4 full seasons, but dynamic weather sucks in my opinion. When you have unpredictable weather, you can't get used to humidity in the summer, because it's not all year round. Unpredictable weather is bad, because you can't tell if a hurricane or a Nor'easter is going to hit you. I like the stagnant weather of the West. I'd prefer to have blazing hot Arizona weather or the hot and humid Florida weather where I can get used to it, because it barely ever changes. In the West, climate is mostly stagnant, but you have variety of it. You have California's Mediterranean climate that barely changes especially San Diego, the Pacific Northwest's drowsy winters where you will never see a sunny winter day, the Pacific Northwest has beautiful stagnant summers, Arizona's brutal hot weather that never changes, etc. My parents are from a tropical country and they told me people were able to enjoy the hot and humid climate since it is was like that most of the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2018, 06:49 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,450,446 times
Dynamic. I love the weather in the Midwest. Especially in fall and winter.

Old 09-15-2018, 07:03 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,925,838 times
Dynamic for sure. I grew up in Ohio with those great summer thunderstorms. I live in L.A. where we really don't have weather, so when I travel somewhere and see a good rainstorm I eat it up.

Old 09-15-2018, 07:07 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times
I prefer four distinct seasons, and the only season in which I prefer dynamic weather is spring. Summers I prefer to be persistently sunny and hot. Falls I prefer to be warm during the day and cool at night with dry air. Winters I prefer to be persistently cloudy, wet or snowy, and cool to cold.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:17 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,953,102 times
Stagnant. I like warm weather year round. Humidity doesn't bother me at all.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:26 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,806,003 times
Arizona isn't stagnant. The East doesn't even compare to our high and low differences. Sure Arizona is sunny and cloudless almost constantly but it looks that way when it's 115 and when it's 70 or even less. Not uncommon either here in Phoenix you get out to the real open desert and it's 40 something at night. And summer nights in the boonies will be in the 70s.

Arizona is not "always" hot contrary to popular belief. I'm starting to think people have this bat crazy idea of what it's like here based on hearsay or the media and do little to no research about it to see if it's true. Outside of the urban areas (see: urban heat island) it can get pretty cold. Not uncommon in the desert areas surrounding Tucson to see snow for example, and I've seen hail in July here in southern Arizona so wild things have happened. In fact it hailed here in Phoenix a couple weeks ago.

Now, if you mean stagnant as in a lack of seasons, then yes Phoenix is a pretty safe bet. Like I said, December and July will appear the same, even though they are drastically different. But "hot and dry" is not always true, unless the 70s are hot to you.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:23 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,178,032 times
Dynamic. I like something a little different each day, not clone-days that are the same for weeks on end.

Old 09-16-2018, 03:59 AM

7,503 posts, read 6,285,226 times
We do have pretty big differences between seasons, mostly because the summers have become really hot, but we do have pretty stagnant weather within seasons, and I wish we had more dynamic weather on a day-to-day basis.

I come from a place where the weather is more dynamic and I kinda miss it.

Old 09-16-2018, 04:33 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
That's what I hated about SoCal weather. It was boring. Never hot enough to enjoy water sports in the summer. Never cold enough to be cold in the winter. Even the rain was boring - no storms or thunder.

I could do without the hail (though we've only been affected once in 30 years of living here), but North Texas weather is more my style. Different without being too extreme in any direction...the winters have become too mild, though.

Old 09-16-2018, 05:09 AM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
I like change from super cold to warm with lots of rough weather for my winters. Something we never see in FL anymore.

My fav weather is a hurricane and that also is very rare in my part of FL. Most of the time i have flat and boring dry weather year round. I just hate the weather in FL 98% of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather