Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 02:24 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,450,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post
Won't let me rep you again...

Agree The snow just makes it perfect.

Love the video, it looks gorgeous. It's been years since I've been up there so appreciate seeing it again. Wish we would get some serious snow here

Here too. Its in the single digits, though feels warmer than yesterday. Yesterday the winds were 32 MPH. Killer!!! Today its calmer, plus really sunny. But no snow. Its as brown as late autumn. Looks like November outside. We need a nice good snowfall soon but none in the forecast. Bahh!!

Old 01-09-2019, 10:47 PM

6,708 posts, read 6,711,443 times
Snow is definitely beautiful, especially when I'm looking at it from a pool that's surrounded by palm trees, and it's sitting on a 10,000 foot mountain. But funny how New England winter post cards never show you the mini-mountains of brown snow piled up in strip mall parking lots.

Old 01-10-2019, 12:57 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times
I'm a hot-natured person, and I sweat like hell from my head. Cold, dry air is the antidote to that. I feel refreshed and envigorated when it's cold. Working outside when it's cold isn't a problem. I can keep going and going, with nighttime darkness being the only limiting factor. I don't mind overcast skies either, because I'm susceptible to glare, and overcast skies are much easier on my eyes. Humid heat beats me down, as does intense sunshine. If I have to work outside on a hot, humid day, then I'm fine in the morning, but useless in the afternoon. We already have three seasons with mostly sunny skies and warm to hot temperatures, so having one season with colder temperatures and more cloud cover is a nice, refreshing change.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:18 PM

135 posts, read 90,550 times
Snow is okay but when it's overly cold and dry (more so the dry than the cold ugh) in winter for a long period of time, kinda sucks. I have to work extra hard all the time to not get sick... I got the flu/bronchitis really bad this year. Though it was my own stupid fault for not getting a flu shot, I guess. Also there's been lots of bad temp degree drops here, it's hard to deal with it when it's 51 F one day and the next day it drops down to the 20s.

We aren't made for cold/extreme cold weather but most of us weren't made for something really hot either. Heat stroke can be a serious thing. Humans were made to thrive in mildly warm, sunny/pleasant weather the best but those areas tend to be too overcrowded (obviously, they have so many people because the weather *is* so good and easy to live in), and sadly I'm VERY people shy irl. So that's why I've been staying away from those areas of eternal summer-ish heaven, but sure naturally we do best in warm-ish 70-75 F degree weather. Some of the people on here who say they can be fine wearing a t-shirt in 20 F degree weather lol, well I of course think they are full of it.

Old 01-11-2019, 06:41 PM

963 posts, read 854,751 times
Snow lovers must have DNA from Neanderthals

Old 01-12-2019, 01:14 AM

11,650 posts, read 12,941,545 times
Snow is nice alright, but only for 2-3 days a year IMO.

Too much of it can be as boring as too much sun or dull grey clouds. A lot of snow also means a lot of snow shovelling and other straining tasks. There's no fun in snow if it comes virtually everyday in the winter.

When I used to live Amman, Jordan in the 90s, snow would come and accumulate for 2 days. After that, it would have melted, with sunny weather following. And that's it, no more snow in the season. You'd wait the next year. And that was the beauty of it. Like a pretty flower that finally opens up for a few days and withers off until the next season.

Old 01-12-2019, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Snow is definitely beautiful, especially when I'm looking at it from a pool that's surrounded by palm trees, and it's sitting on a 10,000 foot mountain. But funny how New England winter post cards never show you the mini-mountains of brown snow piled up in strip mall parking lots.

Funny how California postcards don't show you the mudslides, fires, and homeless men defecating on the sidewalk in San Francisco

Old 01-12-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe3797 View Post
Snow lovers must have DNA from Neanderthals

It rarely snows there, but yes, I'm part Dutch.

Old 01-12-2019, 05:51 PM

388 posts, read 212,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Funny how California postcards don't show you the mudslides, fires, and homeless men defecating on the sidewalk in San Francisco
Strewth, matey!

CA is not a very pleasant region in the slightest

Old 01-12-2019, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaminaby Angler View Post
Strewth, matey!

CA is not a very pleasant region in the slightest

I mean I had fun while I was down there but I would never wanna live there. Also, they don't tell you that away from the coast, it is BUTT UGLY and a dry brown. It was greener in Minnesota than it was in California, and it was November!

West coast liberal pretentiousness isn't very pleasant either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather