U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 03:29 PM

1,191 posts, read 126,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Why would anyone care about another place 4729 miles away? Just look on line at the local news and see what the temp was in San fran stan.
Because SF has the best weather in the US, imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2019, 03:35 PM

12,471 posts, read 8,531,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
And this is exactly why nobody believes your bogus “stats”
No bogus stats at all chap. You were flat out wrong saying i was gonna get rain that time and i it called dead on.

You keep thinking i got more rain when i told you guys inland FL got 20 to 30+ inches more than i did and even someone posted up a map chap showing how all the west coast got much less rain than inland areas.

You don't understand how weather works in FL, let alone how a reverse west windflow effects my rainfall amounts every summer while everyone just inland of me gets much more rain.

Any moron can look up rainfall data close to my area and see how my local rainfall amounts will jive with other cities kitty.

You keep calling my weather and will make you look dead wrong time after time like i did many times before.

My rainfall total before Dec was 40.12", then got 10" in Dec. So my total for the year was 52" while Lakeland FL had well over 74" 50 miles inland from me.

So anyone can look that up pup and see my figs are dead on. You are just mad i make you look wrong time after time.

I can post up proof of my rainfall amounts since 1978, can youuuu?

Anyone can run the figs and see how they jive with other places. If i upset you use ignore.

Old 01-12-2019, 03:38 PM

5,328 posts, read 2,415,730 times
I can post rainfall stats since 1895 actually. And not ones I made up and scribbled on a calender.

Old 01-12-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
I can post rainfall stats since 1895 actually. And not ones I made up and scribbled on a calender.
Why would i make up figs from 30+ years ago bro. I only count the rainfall amounts were i live, what good it is 4 miles away as i always say local amounts will vary. I don't care what other areas get on rainfall, only my house counts.

Anytime you are froggy and wanna call my rainfall amounts ahead of time i am ready to play ray. That last time you did not look so great nate. Case in point here. Here are my figs for Setp of last year. Rainfall total is on the upper left. Look at them high sunshine % days.

Now anyone is free to run them figs with Hudosn, New port richey and Portrichey. A way below normal 3.05". Now prove me wrong as we all know local amounts will vary by even less than a mile. Look at them steaming lows of 77 to 82f. You have it easy in Miami compared to where i live. Also Sept was the hottest month ever for Tampa. Look at all them 80 to 100% sunshine days that proves i get very little clouds as well as rain.

Last edited by LKJ1988; 01-12-2019 at 04:30 PM..

Old 01-12-2019, 04:25 PM

1,767 posts, read 955,202 times
"reverse west windfow"

Doesn't that make it an easterly wind?

Old 01-12-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed's Mountain View Post
"reverse west windfow"

Doesn't that make it an easterly wind?
You are not from FL so would you not understand . Lets go back in time when weather was normal.

In the 1950's thru the 70's our normal summertime ridge was placed well northeast of FL giving us a southeast windflow. Storms would build inland from Tampa around 2 to 3pm and meet up with the west coast seas breeze since it added lift it made for strong T- storms building up around Brandon FL and they would movbe toward the west coast of FL giving people on the gulf heavy rain around 5 to 8pm day after day in June thru Sept. Then something changed in the mid 80's with rapid ice melt that changed sub surface sea currents displacing the summer time ridge to where the axis of the high south of the Tampa area giving the state a 24/7 west windflow. Showers would build just 2 to 20 miles inland of the west coast and move toward the east coast.

With this pattern people right on the gulf would see 24/7 sunshine and the storms would get heavy on the east coast leaving the west coast dry within a 1 mile of the gulf.

It is very easy to understand, high placed northeast of Tampa gives up a east flow as clockwise flow around the high would bring east winds. With the high pushed south of the Tampa area clock wise winds around the high would bring a west wind 24/7. Also a west wind brings with it insane high dew points of 74 to 84f and lows of 77 to 84f right on the gulf were i live. I know my local weather better than anyone with over 50 years under my belt sleeping, eating and drinking weather. Gotta remember the gulf has a nasty water temp of 87 to 91f in the summer so any wind blowing of that steam bath would kill anyone with insane dew points that would make most any place in the world blush.

Old 01-12-2019, 06:34 PM

^Even if the synoptic scale circulation of the entire northern hemisphere has changed you might want to rethink that 24/7 sunshine claim.

Old 01-12-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed's Mountain View Post
^Even if the synoptic scale circulation of the entire northern hemisphere has changed you might want to rethink that 24/7 sunshine claim.
You see how many days i get 100% sunshine in that pic mick. I have had much less cloudy days the last 25 years vs the 1970's and a 80's. More proof the planet is seeing rapid weather change in my state. I hate the sun everyday in the summer. Wished i never saw the sun from May till Nov.

We used to have 2 to 5 days in a row with 0% sunshine in the winter back in the 80's.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
You see how many days i get 100% sunshine in that pic mick. I have had much less cloudy days the last 25 years vs the 1970's and a 80's. More proof the planet is seeing rapid weather change in my state. I hate the sun everyday in the summer. Wished i never saw the sun from May till Nov.

We used to have 2 to 5 days in a row with 0% sunshine in the winter back in the 80's.
I guarantee you that even 100% clear skies does not create 24/7 sunshine at your latitude.

Old 01-13-2019, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy1234 View Post
Because SF has the best weather in the US, imo.
I would say it is very boring as i like heavy T- storms norm and hurricanes. But i would trade my dry and hell like summers for San Fran in a beat heart.

People in San Fran would roll over and die if they had one week of my FL summer with lows of 77 to 82f and dew points to 82f and highs of 88 to 96f. Them poor people would think hell came down to earth if they took a swim in our nasty hot gulf with water temps of 90f+.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather