U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Rate this climate
A 2 12.50%
B 8 50.00%
C 1 6.25%
D 4 25.00%
E 0 0%
F 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-12-2019, 05:59 AM
 
Location: Bidford-on-Avon, England
1,259 posts, read 133,701 times
Reputation: 165

Advertisements



I give it a B. Too hot in October and September.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-12-2019, 06:27 AM
 
12,487 posts, read 8,541,687 times
Reputation: 4087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy1234 View Post

I give it a B. Too hot in October and September.
2 hot? I would trade my summer for it. Otherwise way too boring for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2019, 07:18 AM
 
95 posts, read 13,422 times
Reputation: 67
C+, like a slightly worse version of Cape Town where I used to live. Worse in that it's cooler and the rainfall even less evenly spread than in the South African city. Also there seems no possibility of temperatures even approaching 30 C in half the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2019, 07:18 AM
 
5,983 posts, read 1,432,528 times
Reputation: 3188
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
2 hot? I would trade my summer for it. Otherwise way too boring for me.

I would rate it as a B. Too much rain in January and February.



As a former resident I would bet that lots of locals felt September 2017 was too hot for them. However for me living my much hotter climates since I would welcome it as being nearly perfect. I do remember attending a 49'ners preseason game when they still played at Candlestick in late August that with the wind blowing on off the pacific and the temps in the low 50's felt extremely cold. In fact we left early because of that. Reminded me of the coldest winter, summer in San Francisco line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2019, 07:31 AM
 
Location: Bidford-on-Avon, England
1,259 posts, read 133,701 times
Reputation: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I would rate it as a B. Too much rain in January and February.



As a former resident I would bet that lots of locals felt September 2017 was too hot for them. However for me living my much hotter climates since I would welcome it as being nearly perfect. I do remember attending a 49'ners preseason game when they still played at Candlestick in late August that with the wind blowing on off the pacific and the temps in the low 50's felt extremely cold. In fact we left early because of that. Reminded me of the coldest winter, summer in San Francisco line.
Well that's extremely rare in late August (unless its in the early morning) plus low 50s is chilly to mild, not extremely cold.

Last edited by Randomguy1234; 01-12-2019 at 07:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2019, 07:32 AM
 
Location: Sheffield, England
560 posts, read 69,965 times
Reputation: 239
D. Some nice months in there (July-0ctober) but nothing interesting going on and boring temps the rest of the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2019, 07:40 AM
 
Location: Bidford-on-Avon, England
1,259 posts, read 133,701 times
Reputation: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
2 hot? I would trade my summer for it. Otherwise way too boring for me.
Summer is delightful, but September and October are too hot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2019, 08:14 AM
 
Location: Portland, OR area
170 posts, read 21,767 times
Reputation: 95
B+. Very nice temps and even has a summery month in September. Surprised SF hit 104!

Oh yeah, 2016-17 drenched CA too. The sun lovers didn’t have a fun winter that year (and I mean Oct-April).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2019, 08:17 AM
 
Location: Bidford-on-Avon, England
1,259 posts, read 133,701 times
Reputation: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaraptor View Post
B+. Very nice temps and even has a summery month in September. Surprised SF hit 104!

Oh yeah, 2016-17 drenched CA too. The sun lovers didn’t have a fun winter that year (and I mean Oct-April).
September 1, 2017 was the hottest day in history in SF. Downtown SF hit 106. And what do you mean the sun lovers didn't have fun, SFO recorded 26C in April 2017, 29C in October 2016, 24C in November 2016 and 25C in March 2017? It gets lots of rain and lots of sun. Also, there was only 39.1 mm of rain in November 2016.

Last edited by Randomguy1234; 01-12-2019 at 09:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2019, 09:27 AM
 
Location: Downtown Phoenix, AZ
16,344 posts, read 5,795,626 times
Reputation: 4812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy1234 View Post

I give it a B. Too hot in October and September.
That data is for the airport which is in San Mateo County; the city is generally 3 to 5C cooler than the airport in summer for high temps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top