U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 02:25 PM

9,996 posts, read 11,410,823 times

Advertisements

Yeah 30s Fahrenheit are definitely not mild. It has been around freezing with snow the last few days and I am chilled to the bone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 02:35 PM

773 posts, read 107,620 times
My definition of "mild" - 18-24C.

Old 02-11-2019, 02:47 PM

1,825 posts, read 208,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman Resu VIII View Post
My definition of "mild" - 18-24C.
That's warm to hot. My definition is 11-15C, thus today was mild

Old 02-11-2019, 03:01 PM

16,849 posts, read 5,976,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy1234 View Post
That's warm to hot. My definition is 11-15C, thus today was mild
Mild to me is 15C to 20.9C during the day, and 18C to 23.9C at night

Old 02-11-2019, 03:14 PM

1,825 posts, read 208,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Mild to me is 15C to 20.9C during the day, and 18C to 23.9C at night
Your definitions are mild to hot during the day and warm to hot at night.

Old 02-11-2019, 08:15 PM

4,400 posts, read 2,329,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You know that San Joaquin County is in the Bay Area CSA, don't you? (San Benito and Santa Cruz Counties are as well)
Are you speaking of Community Sourced Agriculture (CSA)?

That does not in any way negate that San Joaquin county/San Benito County and Santa Cruz County cities are not part of the San Francisco Bay Area; only the cities listed in the ABAG website, below, are part of the San Francisco Bay Area.:

https://abag.ca.gov/overview/members.html

San Benito County and Santa Cruz County and their cities are part of the Central Coast, along with cities from the other counties listed below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Coast_(California)

Old 02-11-2019, 10:57 PM

16,849 posts, read 5,976,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Are you speaking of Community Sourced Agriculture (CSA)?

That does not in any way negate that San Joaquin county/San Benito County and Santa Cruz County cities are not part of the San Francisco Bay Area; only the cities listed in the ABAG website, below, are part of the San Francisco Bay Area.:

https://abag.ca.gov/overview/members.html

San Benito County and Santa Cruz County and their cities are part of the Central Coast, along with cities from the other counties listed below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Coast_(California)
CSA is Combined Statistical Area, it's a US Census grouping which groups multiple MSA's (Metropolitan Statistical Areas) into one bigger metro area if there are the commute patterns to support the grouping

And the Bay Area Combined Statistical Area is 12 counties:

San Francisco, Marin, Napa, Sonoma, Solano, San Joaquin, Contra Costa, Alameda, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, San Benito and San Mateo

7 different MSA's are grouped together to form the Bay Area CSA

San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward (San Francisco, Marin, San Mateo, Contra Costa, Alameda)

San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara (Santa Clara, San Benito)

Santa Rosa (Sonoma)

Vallejo-Fairfield (Solano)

Santa Cruz-Watsonville (Santa Cruz)

Napa (Napa)

Stockton-Lodi (San Joaquin)

Old 02-12-2019, 07:29 PM

298 posts, read 104,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
Not really; you can go to NYC during the summer and think, "the summer's not too bad (compared to Phoenix)," but you know for sure that there's going to be lots of snow come winter, even if you've never been there in the winter.

If I go to Buffalo in the summer, it would be pretty mild; but I KNOW that Buffalo gets snow everyday during the winter, even though I've never been there, period.

Knowing about it because you read it on a website somewhere isn't the same as experiencing it. Plenty of people fall in love with a place at its most favorable time then are told about the downsides of the place but disregard that information because it seems like a price worth paying, that is until they actually gotta pay the price.

These forums are full of people who moved to places fully aware of the climate on paper and then left after a year or two because experiencing that super humid hot summer or dark and never-ending cold winter is real in a way that book knowledge isn't.

Old 02-12-2019, 10:10 PM

9,979 posts, read 8,847,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Yeah 30s Fahrenheit are definitely not mild. It has been around freezing with snow the last few days and I am chilled to the bone.
I totally agree. From around Thursday last week until Saturday it was raining and in the 30's. I had the heat going and a fireplace on. I went to my local bar which was packed and had the fireplace going. Even stepping out to my truck after going there I was freezing.

Sunday was in the 40's and rainy and yesterday was in the 50's and rainy. Today was the first day of sun in over 2 weeks and was around 60. This is our "average" in the winter but we haven't hit that for a while.

Tomorrow will be 64 then Valentine's Day is supposed to be mid 70's and sunny and then 80 on Friday (can't wait for that) then another cold front came will come through. When you average that all out, it comes to 60 as a high but there is a lot of variation. The cold doesn't last but neither does the warmth. It's a constant roller coaster ride. If winds are from the southeast it's warm and humid, if from the southwest it's warm and dry, if from the north it's cold and dry and if overrunning or a front stalls out it's cold and wet. It's been mostly cold and rainy most of the time.

Old 02-13-2019, 03:21 AM

388 posts, read 121,867 times
I hate the 30s. Too cold. Only reason I haven't been getting angry about all the 30s this February is because they've come with lots of rain/snow for our mountains (Fresno). Good snowpack and lovely mountain views have taken a bit of the sting away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather