U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 12:33 AM

3,454 posts, read 3,386,637 times

Advertisements

I'll post mine first:

Cape Nansen is a major port city located on an inlet on the west coast of a large continent. It hosts cold, snowy winters and mild, comfortable summers. The highest and lowest tempeatures in an average year are
-22.8'C and 27.7'C respectively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 06:49 AM

797 posts, read 111,751 times
Carven City is located on a 3,000ft plateau on a large subtropical/tropical island in a large ocean. The city lies at about 24.5°N. The summer monsoon season all falls in heavy short lived thunderstorms.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:17 AM

196 posts, read 28,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman Resu VIII View Post
Carven City is located on a 3,000ft plateau on a large subtropical/tropical island in a large ocean. The city lies at about 24.5°N. The summer monsoon season all falls in heavy short lived thunderstorms.
I like this one, though the summer highs are a little high for me and I'd prefer the winter a little warmer, also I'd make the dry season a little less dry. The record lows are much too cold though and might make the landscape a lot less tropical than the averages might suggest.

Old 02-12-2019, 09:29 AM

1,943 posts, read 219,959 times

My perfect climate is an unusual variety of a monsoon-influenced warm summer humid continental climate with lots of snow and sometimes thunder snow in winter and lots of thunderstorms in summer. There is high sunshine year-round and temperatures are never too hot.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:38 PM

2,558 posts, read 1,072,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Yeung View Post
I'll post mine first:

Cape Nansen is a major port city located on an inlet on the west coast of a large continent. It hosts cold, snowy winters and mild, comfortable summers. The highest and lowest tempeatures in an average year are
-22.8'C and 27.7'C respectively.
I love this climate; it's absolutely perfect. Almost like you read my mind and designed my ideal

The winter temperatures and snowfall are perfect and the rainfall is ideal. I also like that spring and fall both last a couple of months and that summer is fairly short and does not get hot.

Great climate Definitely an A+

Old 02-12-2019, 08:12 PM

96 posts, read 20,809 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...1&d=1550023852

My ideal climate is a warmer oceanic climate akin to parts of New Zealand and the Atlantic coast of France.
The city is at about 46 N latitude.

Note: Sunshine hours are using American measurements, making it closer to 2200-2300 hours in world measurements.
Attached Thumbnails
2019 dream climates megathread-nova-brigantia-3.png  

Old 02-12-2019, 11:02 PM

301 posts, read 41,404 times

Location: Crooked Corner, NSW; Southern Tablelands, AU; Upper Lachlan Shire (867 m AMSL; 34° 13' 43.36" S):

Crooked Corner is elevated by 867 m AMSL and lies at 34° 13' 43.36" S, located within South-Western NSW. Typical of the Southern Tablelands region, Crooked Corner is subject to high winds year-round, most squally within the cooler months; frequent, often severe thunderstorms in Summer; snowstorms in Winter. The annual mean temperature in Crooked Corner straddles 10.6° C; this figure comprises an annual maximum temperature of 17.8° C, and an annual minimum temperature of 3.4° C. Annually, there are 161.8 days of precipitation—with 92.2 days in the form of rainfall, and 69.6 days in the form of snowfall and sleet. Total precipitation scores a hefty 1,513.5 mm, which likewise provides excellent grazing conditions for the local farmers.

Summer is dry, hot, stormy and sunny. Contrarywise, Winter is damp, cold, snowy and overcast. Snowfall and frost may occur at any time of the year—even during the midst of Summer. The tremendous precipitation during Winter is brought about chiefly by the unrelenting South-Westerly polar fronts. Squalls are often in excess of >54 knots during Winter. Summer is markedly unstable, with potent heatwaves from Far Western NSW often prompting the mercury to soar upwards of 40° C; notwithstanding, summer maximums may plummet to as low as ~10° C (or less), whilst summer minimums may plummet well below 0° C.

The highest temperature on record was 45.6° C, held on 12th January, 1878; the lowest temperature on record was –23.2° C, held on 5th July, 1900; snow fell upwards of 8 ft deep on that very day, halting the Central Western, Hume, and Monaro railway lines.

Old 02-13-2019, 02:44 AM

558 posts, read 87,126 times
Well, this climate of course.

Just kidding.

Actual dream climate:

Arcleo is located on the eastern coast of an imaginary continent at 36.9°N. It has warm to hot and moderately humid summers with cool, but not cold, winters. Diurnal range is low due to UHI influence. Both precipitation and sunshine are adequate year-round. Arcleo averages 38 days with thunderstorms each year, with thunder most common in the summer.

Attached Thumbnails
2019 dream climates megathread-arcleo.png  

Old 02-13-2019, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy1234 View Post

My perfect climate is an unusual variety of a monsoon-influenced warm summer humid continental climate with lots of snow and sometimes thunder snow in winter and lots of thunderstorms in summer. There is high sunshine year-round and temperatures are never too hot.
The average tempeatures are nice but most everything else is bad. No way you can get that many snow days from Dec to Feb with those precip figures. It is also too sunny, especially during winter. Overall C+.

Old 02-13-2019, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman Resu VIII View Post
No way a 3,000ft city can be that hot, given it it is nearly 6'C cooler than sea level. A hottest month of at most 27/19'C would be more realistic. Also islands usually don't have such lopsided precipitation patterns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or