U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which feels more like the proper season?
March in Minneapolis feels like spring 7 58.33%
September in Dallas feels like fall 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 12:39 PM

5,833 posts, read 3,144,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I voted September in Dallas being more characteristic of Fall than March in Minneapolis being more characteristic of Spring.

My reasoning was pretty logical.

Dallas sees days with highs in the 70s and/or lows in the 50s almost every September which they would never get from June-August. And Dallas has a summer minimum in rainfall, while September and October are two of their wettest months in contrast

In contrast, yes Minneapolis sees thaws in March, but due to the nature of Continental Climates, they see thaws from Dec-Feb as well, and still see snow and freezing cold in March. The only important thing that differs March from DJF in Minneapolis to me is the daylength and sun angle

To be fair I have seen 50s in June in Texas, not in Dallas but actually further south, so its possible in Dallas too but yes uncommon. Good point about us getting thaws in winter, but the difference is that March thaws are guaranteed pretty much, with average highs in the low 40s, where as winter thaws are scattered and not always a guarantee. We only had like 2 days above freezing last month, which was uncommon but you wouldn't have a March like that here. Though you can still have very cold Marches. This is one is an example. Last March, well it was so warm that I saw lilies sprouting towards the end of the month. Not blooming, but sprouting. It wasn't even a particularly warm March, it was just average.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 04:54 PM

Thinking of this topic... I had my car parked in the sun in Minneapolis today, 27 degrees out. I got inside... felt like a tanning bed. Super warm! Sure it looks winter, but doesn't feel much like it. Hmmm...

Old Today, 05:49 PM

6,746 posts, read 8,825,816 times
Right, enjoy the beach weather.

Old Today, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Right, enjoy the beach weather.

When did I ever claim it was beach weather? lol Spring isn't even beach season yet. Plus, come May-September we have more real beach weather then y'all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or