Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 07:35 PM

17 posts, read 14,737 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I've noticed that going through life I am always hot. Very very hot. It's always my head. I overheat quickly and my body does a poor job of coming down from it. I've ALSO noticed that the main cause of my heat is sunlight. The sun just makes me so hot. It will often be 45 degrees out and while walking around outside I'll get hot and sweaty just because of the sun.

But the days where it's cloudy, god they feel SO good to me. So I figure one of my goals should be to investigate to see if there's a good climate for me that helps me stay cool. It would make my quality of life great :]

Basically I'm curious if it's possible to have a climate that has 4 seasons (not a requirement, just curious if this is possible too). To have a lot of overcast / cloudy days in summer specifically. But isn't mildly rainy all summer. I'm not a fan of a bunch of constant little rains. But I DO like big thunderstorms. So if the climate could still have thunderstorms, that'd be great. And I suppose I'd prefer low humidity on the days that are just cloudy, without chances of rain.

I don't even know if it's possible for it to be cloudy somewhere a lot without it being humid. I'm not a meteorologist, I know very little about the how/why/causes of weather patterns, I just find them interesting whenever I learn about them.

Thanks for any and all teachings :]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2019, 07:50 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,596,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarrm View Post
Hello,

I've noticed that going through life I am always hot. Very very hot. It's always my head. I overheat quickly and my body does a poor job of coming down from it. I've ALSO noticed that the main cause of my heat is sunlight. The sun just makes me so hot. It will often be 45 degrees out and while walking around outside I'll get hot and sweaty just because of the sun.

But the days where it's cloudy, god they feel SO good to me. So I figure one of my goals should be to investigate to see if there's a good climate for me that helps me stay cool. It would make my quality of life great :]

Basically I'm curious if it's possible to have a climate that has 4 seasons (not a requirement, just curious if this is possible too). To have a lot of overcast / cloudy days in summer specifically. But isn't mildly rainy all summer. I'm not a fan of a bunch of constant little rains. But I DO like big thunderstorms. So if the climate could still have thunderstorms, that'd be great. And I suppose I'd prefer low humidity on the days that are just cloudy, without chances of rain.

I don't even know if it's possible for it to be cloudy somewhere a lot without it being humid. I'm not a meteorologist, I know very little about the how/why/causes of weather patterns, I just find them interesting whenever I learn about them.

Thanks for any and all teachings :]
It's a tall order, honestly your best bet would be an oceanic climate or a highland tropical climate

Old 05-22-2019, 08:06 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,270,554 times
Northeast scotland maybe....

Peterhead, Fraserburgh area...cloudy but low precipitation.

Old 05-22-2019, 08:43 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,886,180 times
A climate with a lot of fog like Lima, Peru would probably be best. It's almost always overcast there and mild.

Old 05-22-2019, 08:48 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,214,588 times
Lima Peru or similar climates would probably suit you best

Old 05-22-2019, 09:27 PM

855 posts, read 771,739 times
It's fairly easy to find cloudy dry summers. Anywhere along the immediate Pacific coast of North America would work. Dry but cloudy/foggy much of the summer, and cool. However those places won't have your other requirements (four seasons, thunderstorms).

Old 05-22-2019, 10:44 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,182,229 times
Honestly, probably a high latitude (50s north) climate where the sun hits at a lower angle. For some reason London, England comes to mind.

Old 05-28-2019, 06:52 PM

963 posts, read 855,234 times
OP maybe this is the climate for you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salalah#Climate

Lima is mostly cloudy and foggy on winter, not summer

Old 06-08-2019, 11:37 AM

376 posts, read 240,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe3797 View Post

Such an odd climate for its region

Old 01-11-2022, 09:27 AM

42 posts, read 35,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe3797 View Post

I'm confused, looks like Salalah is hot year-round, which doesn't seem ideal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather