Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 03:43 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
So you propose a different model to explain the circulations, and how they effect different regions of the globe? - perhaps you could explain my climate then?
I've told you several times recently, your climate is warm oceanic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 03:46 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I've told you several times recently, your climate is warm oceanic
What factors cause it to be warm Oceanic though?

What are some other warm Oceanic climates to compare it to?

Last edited by Joe90; 06-07-2019 at 04:01 PM..

Old 06-07-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
What factors cause it to be warm Oceanic though?

What are some other warm Oceanic climates to compare it to?
Warm oceanic because the coolest month is between 6°C and 17.9°C, while cool oceanic climates have the coolest month between 0°C and 5.9°C, which I've also told you several times. And what seperates warm oceanic climates from subtropical climates is the warm season. With subtropical climates having the same winter threshold as warm oceanic climates, but having 4+ months with means 18°C+, while the warm oceanic climates have 0 to 3 months with means 18°C+

Old 06-07-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Warm oceanic because the coolest month is between 6°C and 17.9°C, while cool oceanic climates have the coolest month between 0°C and 5.9°C, which I've also told you several times. And what seperates warm oceanic climates from subtropical climates is the warm season. With subtropical climates having the same winter threshold as warm oceanic climates, but having 4+ months with means 18°C+, while the warm oceanic climates have 0 to 3 months with means 18°C+
I see that you listed several climates that "feel" like my climate, so taking Tristan de Cunha as an example:

- it's record lowest temperature is warmer than my average minimum for 6 months of the year

- it's record highest temperature is less than 1C warmer than my average summer maximum

- it has 250 days of rain a year compared to 100 here,

- an average wind speed of 27kph compared to about 4.5 kph here

- 1000 less sunshine hours

It's almost like you've gone out of your way to find a Cfb climate that "feels" very different to my own climate.

Old 06-07-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
I see that you listed several climates that "feel" like my climate, so taking Tristan de Cunha as an example:

- it's record lowest temperature is warmer than my average minimum for 6 months of the year

- it's record highest temperature is less than 1C warmer than my average summer maximum

- it has 250 days of rain a year compared to 100 here,

- an average wind speed of 27kph compared to about 4.5 kph here

- 1000 less sunshine hours

It's almost like you've gone out of your way to find a Cfb climate that "feels" very different to my own climate.
I didn't list those examples, OP did

And per your logic, everywhere feels "very different" to everywhere else

Old 06-07-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:
I didn't list those examples, OP di

And per your logic, everywhere feels "very different" to everywhere else��
Of course, that's why climates aren't classified by feel.

Perhaps you could list some other "warm oceanic" climate?

Old 06-07-2019, 10:08 PM

Quote:

Nantes, France is a good example

Old 06-07-2019, 10:09 PM

Quote:

I think that should be a big part of it

Old 06-07-2019, 11:59 PM

Quote:
I think that should be a big part of it
What purpose does it serve?

Quote:
Nantes, France is a good example
Somewhat similar, as could be expected for various climates within the same Koppen classification, but I don't get the sense that it would feel the same -The average maximums for 7 months, would be colder than record coldest months here, plentiful snow, much hotter/colder, triple the windspeed, half the rainfall/day ratio, a grey season, and nearly 700 hours less sunshine at a lower angle/UV.

It's a year that would never happen here, so I don't really think it would feel the same -you must have better than that?, although I guess your system entails picking though data trying to match the numbers up...... you might not have the time

Last edited by Joe90; 06-08-2019 at 12:12 AM..

Old 06-08-2019, 02:16 AM

Quote:
What purpose does it serve?

Somewhat similar, as could be expected for various climates within the same Koppen classification, but I don't get the sense that it would feel the same -The average maximums for 7 months, would be colder than record coldest months here, plentiful snow, much hotter/colder, triple the windspeed, half the rainfall/day ratio, a grey season, and nearly 700 hours less sunshine at a lower angle/UV.

It's a year that would never happen here, so I don't really think it would feel the same -you must have better than that?, although I guess your system entails picking though data trying to match the numbers up...... you might not have the time
It's close enough, places don't have to be the exact f+*%$-; same to be in a group in my system, just closer than in Koppen. That's what you're missing, and I think you're doing it on purpose due to being a Koppen apologist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather