Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 05:06 PM

376 posts, read 238,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post
Yep, it's Buffalo. Of course Sapporo is an interesting climate too
Yep very interesting to say the least!

My one: There's not much to say about my city's climate tbh. Its warm and sunny for the vast majority of the year and thats the way people like it here. We never really have to deal with any extreme weather either. Although it can get quite windy in the fall which has caused damage in the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2019, 08:41 PM

233 posts, read 132,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trolik View Post
Yep very interesting to say the least!

My one: There's not much to say about my city's climate tbh. Its warm and sunny for the vast majority of the year and thats the way people like it here. We never really have to deal with any extreme weather either. Although it can get quite windy in the fall which has caused damage in the past.
San Diego

Old 07-04-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by segfault1361 View Post
San Diego
nope but not too far off

Old 07-04-2019, 09:03 PM

650 posts, read 446,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trolik View Post
nope but not too far off
Los Angeles

Old 07-05-2019, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptunepenguins View Post
Los Angeles
yup

Old 07-11-2019, 04:39 PM

99 posts, read 70,943 times
Ok, I'll give this a shot...

Not much to say about this place's climate. Hot, but not extremely so. High temperatures frequently hit 90F, but have never exceeded 100F. Extremely humid. Dewpoints are in the upper 70s year round. You can sweat buckets after walking outside for just a few minutes.

This place is special in that it is virtually immune to natural disasters. The worst that could happen is light wind damage or localized flooding. Also gets a bit hazy at times from forest fires. Dengue is also a big threat, but the government is renowned for its efficiency and mosquito control is widely implemented.

Rainfall is abundant. However, water shortage is a constant threat due to extremely high urbanization.

Despite the heat, one can always take refuge in the air conditioning of the neighborhood shopping mall, your high rise condo, or government flat.

(BTW I actually did use to live here.)

Old 07-11-2019, 04:47 PM

2,859 posts, read 1,955,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by micahdebrink View Post
Ok, I'll give this a shot...

Not much to say about this place's climate. Hot, but not extremely so. High temperatures frequently hit 90F, but have never exceeded 100F. Extremely humid. Dewpoints are in the upper 70s year round. You can sweat buckets after walking outside for just a few minutes.

This place is special in that it is virtually immune to natural disasters. The worst that could happen is light wind damage or localized flooding. Also gets a bit hazy at times from forest fires. Dengue is also a big threat, but the government is renowned for its efficiency and mosquito control is widely implemented.

Rainfall is abundant. However, water shortage is a constant threat due to extremely high urbanization.

Despite the heat, one can always take refuge in the air conditioning of the neighborhood shopping mall, your high rise condo, or government flat.

(BTW I actually did use to live here.)
Singapore?

Old 07-11-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbelievehim View Post
Singapore?
Yep the bit about gov efficiency gives it away

Old 07-11-2019, 06:56 PM

99 posts, read 70,943 times
LOL, that was quick...

Singapore is correct. In my opinion (and from personal experience), it's a liveable but very uncomfortable climate. The lack of seasonal variation gets very boring. The humidity and heat leads to mold and nasty fungal infections. And it's just way too hot and humid for way too long.

Old 07-12-2019, 05:44 PM

Here's another...

People seem to forget about us, we're actually a very large city but we get overshadowed by our boisterous neighbours to our west and north. Climate-wise, it's never cold here, maybe some nights in winter are a bit chilly but a part from that it's always very warm or hot here. However, we're lucky being up quite high that we don't get the levels of extreme heat the rest of the country can get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather