Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 04:02 PM

83,518 posts, read 75,307,397 times

Advertisements

Links to previous Summer Photo Threads.

Summer 2018 Photo Thread

Summer 2017 Photo Thread

Summer 2016 Photo Thread

Summer 2015 Photo Thread

Summer 2014 Photo Thread

Summer 2013 Photo Thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 04:53 PM

Took a trip to the Southern Tip of NJ.

GPS kept telling me to take I-95 down. I decided to cross the new Tappanzee Bridge and take Garden State Parkway down. Love. Only spot it was congested was through Orange NJ.

Here's some pics from my trip.

The path I took

Welcome to NJ. Weather was great. Timed perfectly with a cold front that came through last night. Morning temps started in the 50s and warmed to 60s fast then had highs in the 70s but not humid!

Welcome to Wildwood

Hotel Room View. Stayed at Fleur-Di-Lis resort in Wildwood Crest.

Pool at night was changing colors.

Award winner. Top 10 Beaches right across resort. LOVED the nature preserve (right word?) to left and right of the pathway.

Freshly raked.

Another view of the beach. June 5th and nobody on it. Perfect! lol. This was in the morning. Temps were chilly 50s with the winds. (40s back home in CT)

Looking back at the resorts

Spoiler

Dead Sting Ray?

The Boardwalk is steps from the resort but you have to walk 1/2 mile to get to the stores and it goes past 4 miles. We did 2 miles up and 2 miles back.

1st chain of stores I was like where is everyone?? Too cold? lol. Temps were dropping as it was around 6pm now from mid 70s to low 70s. Tram car $3.50 for a ride

Next chain of stores, more people.

Sun was setting. Looks nice at night. Got chilly fast without the sun. I had shorts and short sleeves on. Temps were in the upper 60s with bone dry dew points in the 40s and a breeze.

Ready to climb this? 199 spiral steps. 3rd tallest in NJ. One of the ones that actually still works.

View from up top. That structure on the beach was an underground WW2 Bunker.

Looking down at the entrance and gift shop where I bought a sweatshirt.

Time to take a 3 Hour Whale & Dolphin tour

Another view of the WW2 Bunker.
Spoiler

Timing was good for weather but it wasn't to see Whales. High Pressure was moving in + I think there was a strong NW flow. Forgot to checked weather maps.

Ton of Dolphins around but we didn't see any whales. There were white caps further out from the wind so it was hard to see if they were surfacing from a distance. Captain had Sonar detection but no luck on this day.

Sometimes you would think its a shark, but they were dolphins. lol

Spoiler

Shipping Barges? Thought a war was happening in the Delaware Bay. lol. You can see the white caps a little here as we were waiting to see any Whales came up.

Spoiler

Shopping time. Washington Street Mall in Cape May.

Was about 70° at 11am here. Sun was beaming strong vs what I'm used to. Wow it felt hot. Thought it was in the 80s. Dew point was in the 50s so it was nice!

Little Italy in Wildwood Crest. Eh. Everything was so pricey.

Was driving down this road and I noticed something of course. See it? On the left.

Weather Station! Very cool! And it's not near an airport runway.

Here's the weather site: Click on the map you'll see West Cape May as I showed in the picture. It's the furthest one down south. The 81 near it is the Cape May County "Airport" (always warmer)

Old 06-07-2019, 04:23 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,386,009 times
A few pictures from 7th June, late afternoon, about 30c.

Old 06-07-2019, 06:46 PM

376 posts, read 240,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post

Spoiler

Shopping time. Washington Street Mall in Cape May.

Was about 70° at 11am here. Sun was beaming strong vs what I'm used to. Wow it felt hot. Thought it was in the 80s. Dew point was in the 50s so it was nice!

Little Italy in Wildwood Crest. Eh. Everything was so pricey.

Love the American architecture.

Old 06-08-2019, 09:49 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Nice beach trip Cambium. Cape May looks really nice; not as big a fan of Wildwood but serves its purpose. Photos from last week. Last Saturday, June 1st so eligible for the summer photo thread

in the greenhouse

water must be cold, first day I saw people swimming

came across some sorta festival

Spoiler

didn't know there was a brewery here

Monday evening in Amherst, cold northwest wind making the skies look not very summery. Dropped down to 39°F in Amherst, but other stations only recorded mid 40s; near record cold for PA and the DC area that night.

====================

Tuesday morning in Northampton. I think this giant Victorian mansion is subdivided into apartments or condos. Would be cool to live here

nice flower peeking through the asphalt

This home is owned by someone who really likes Liverpool's football team. And England

Mt. Tom from Northampton

Smith College gardens

evening bike ride the same day, noticed this nature preserve and stopped at it. Passed by it like 100 years and always was too focused to push on, up the hill. Start of trail had an interesting bridge

led to a lake

lots of birds and someone said she saw a turtle

Old 06-12-2019, 08:35 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,304,279 times
My university yesterday morning after days of heavy rains, the sun had just come out allowing waterdrops to cascade from the pines creating a sort of artificial, localised shower! (maybe zoom in to see the raindrops)

Train station during a heavy sunshower this morning

Shower cell moving away yesterday afternoon

Old 06-12-2019, 09:41 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Nice pics, all.....thanks!

Old 06-15-2019, 06:46 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,304,279 times
Conditions: 18-19C(~65F), light winds, mostly cloudy.
Photos from the football today:

Pregame Photos:

A photo of team set-ups during a boundary throw in (same kinda thing as a soccer throw in but the umpire does it):

Half Time Photo:

Old 06-15-2019, 01:28 PM

A rare pic from me. Lol.

June 15, 2019. At our local beach.

I didnt stay long because I got a migraine with the heat and humidity. 80°F

Old 06-15-2019, 03:02 PM

5,194 posts, read 1,872,370 times
Summer's going awfully swell in Shytey Blighty.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather