U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Fictional Climate Battle
Cian 1 7.69%
Chilicilicanga 2 15.38%
Keustforflome 3 23.08%
Bizz 7 53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 04:31 PM

10 posts, read 1,748 times

Advertisements

Choose your favourite of these fictional climates and rate worst to best

Cian - tropical climate with dry winters and wet summers - average temps 33/24C
Fictional Climate Battle-cian.png

Chilicilicanga - hot semi-arid climate with 2 wet(ish) seasons in summer and winter - average temps - 27/16C
Fictional Climate Battle-chilicilicanga.png

Keustforflome - cool oceanic-like humid subtropical climate with chilly wet winters and warm drier summers - average temps - 17/9C
Fictional Climate Battle-keustforflome.png

Bizz - borderline oceanic/continental climate with cold winters and warm summers - average temps - 14/6C
Fictional Climate Battle-bizz.png

I know these are weird names but I wanted to make them weird - took me ages to make them up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2019, 04:55 PM
Status: "I am now using wikis similar to Wikipedia" (set 5 days ago)

11 posts, read 2,177 times
Cian: F- (Too hot year round, Too dry in cooler months and wet in others, Not the worst of all climates in the world and ones i rate)
Chilicilicanga: D (Winters too warm, Summers too hot, Too dry in most months)
Keustforflome: C+ (Winters too weak, Summers decent, Winter wetness makes it better, Lack of snow)
Bizz: B (Winters too weak, Summer great, Good precipitation, Decent snow)

Bizz is the winner then.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:42 PM
Status: " Narrow minds should come with closed mouths" (set 12 days ago)

2,997 posts, read 1,364,150 times
Chilicilicanga is my least favorite of the bunch; it is too dry overall and on the hot side. D-

Cian is even hotter which I am not a fan of but at least gets more rainfall so it gets a D+

Keustforflome is not a bad climate but does not have the major seasonal changes that I like. Still it is livable so it is a C.

Bizz is the best of the lot as it has continental features (my favorite), cold winters,and snow. It also has distinct seasons and ample precipitation so this one rates a B-.

Interesting mix of climates and names for these places

Old 09-23-2019, 07:01 PM
tij

359 posts, read 79,817 times
Keustforfloume looks very pleasant, B+. It reminds me of a lusher version of Yalta. Slightly cooler and snowier winters would be an A from me.

Bizz has nice winters but a bit cooler summers and shoulder seasons than preferred, as does a lot of Germany. I'd give it a C or so.

Cian is gross, it reminds me of Bangkok or something like that, I'd have to give it a D.

Chilchilanga vaguely recalls parts of upland Arizona, I'd give it a C- or so, it's hot for too long and too dry overall.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:37 PM

817 posts, read 181,067 times
Cian: C-/D+ depending on humidity and how often it gets tropical cyclones. Too hot and humid year-round.

Chilchilanga: C, a little bit too warm year-round and also too dry

Keustforflome: B-, a little bit too cool year-round, but at least not too dry

Bizz: C-/D+ depending on sunshine. Winters are too cold and summers are weak.

Old 09-26-2019, 08:54 PM

95 posts, read 17,343 times
Bizz > Keustforflome > Chilchilanga >> Cian

Not a fan of extreme heat, and prefer having four seasons with a winter that's just cold enough for adequate snow.

Old 09-26-2019, 09:58 PM

215 posts, read 44,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenDiva123 View Post
Choose your favourite of these fictional climates and rate worst to best

Cian - tropical climate with dry winters and wet summers - average temps 33/24C
Attachment 214849

Chilicilicanga - hot semi-arid climate with 2 wet(ish) seasons in summer and winter - average temps - 27/16C
Attachment 214850

Keustforflome - cool oceanic-like humid subtropical climate with chilly wet winters and warm drier summers - average temps - 17/9C
Attachment 214851

Bizz - borderline oceanic/continental climate with cold winters and warm summers - average temps - 14/6C
Attachment 214852

I know these are weird names but I wanted to make them weird - took me ages to make them up
How do you do those weather boxes like that?

Anyways . . . I give Cian an A-, Chilicilcanga another A-, Keustforflome a C and Bizz a D+.

Old 09-30-2019, 01:48 AM

7,269 posts, read 6,617,755 times
C,A,B,B

Winner. Chilicilicanga...A

Theyre all better than my climate....currently east central south Dakota.

Old Today, 07:54 PM

88 posts, read 258,392 times
Fun!

1. Keustforflome - decent year around climate although I'd prefer more snow and rain.
2. Bizz - initually my fav. since the greatest snowfall and nice winters.. but those summers never get warm!
3. Chilicilicanga - I could deal with the heat since its dry. But it never snows so dealbreaker.
4. Cian sounds disgustingly hot all year long. Even worse than Florida!

I'd be able to better decide if they had a section for average monthly humidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or