Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 01:47 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,416,855 times

Advertisements

I've probably posted here before, but anyway; my favourite weather is watching thunderstorms grow, out of small puffy cumulus clouds, on a warm and humid day. Watching the base get blacker and blacker and waiting expectantly for the first lightning strike from the dark swollen base. Seeing the first swathes of rain and hail streaking down from the base. Seeing what was earlier a moderately sized cauliflower cloud expand to black out half the sky with deep rumblings of thunder and great big raindrops before it explodes its contents everwhere with a mighty blast of wind.

Pity I live in Buxton really... though in fact I did see some lightning and thunder today. No closer than 4-5 miles though. But actually better than what I'd seen by this time last year which was just one puny rumble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 01:56 PM

4 posts, read 5,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Yes, and I like a rather overcast and often rainy day. Too much sunshine really gets on my nerves. LOL

20yrsinBranson
Hey, from Springfield, here. I hear ya. I say the West Coast, but San Diego area, instead. I found Seattle cold in the summer and I missed the sun. I was only there a few weeks to visit and was glad to see sun again. I do not like the hot, the cold, the tornados and the flooding here. It's really hard to know how to dress during severe weather season, too.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
60-70 degrees for the high year round!
Does such a state here in the U.S.A. exist?
Yes, the southern CA coast...ideal.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Wind View Post
I agree 100%...the mid Atlantic States from DC to NYC has the best weather in the USA from mid September to late November. After a long, hot summer..the cool nights - but sunny warm days are nice change.

The more I learn about climate, the more I think the Mid Atlantic states have the best overall climate in the USA: long hot summers (but not unending heat like AZ/FL)…mild falls with lots of sunshine…and a real winter, but not the extreme cold of the West/Midwest or snow of the Mt.West/Great Lakes/New England.

I'm hoping you're right. I want to check out the southern Virginia coast.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:56 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausweatherman View Post
I would say a typical Perth Summer day, we had 20 consecutive days of of over 86F in daytime and a few nights where it did not drop below 71F...also it is usually with no humidity, just lots of sunshine

ColdCanadian have a look at the weather observations for Perth for the month of Jan:

Perth, WA - January 2008 - Daily Weather Observations (http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/200801/html/IDCJDW6111.200801.shtml - broken link)
My goodness...how is a HIGH over 86 and a low OVER 71 good weather...yuch.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:17 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
My goodness...how is a HIGH over 86 and a low OVER 71 good weather...yuch.
It's only a few nights. The average low is 64. I'm happy with a high of 86 and low of 64 even if means a few hotter nights.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:13 PM

678 posts, read 1,205,412 times
I think I've said this before but, best weather is found in Oklahoma City. It gathers almost all kinds of weather conditions: snow, rainfall, tornadoes, sun and maybe even a weakened hurricane.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:31 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
I dont know, sometimes i wish i lived in a COLD place, like, dunno, ¿London? (but it rains all the time) ¿Moscow? (too cold?), París (no idea here).

Sometimes i wish i lived in a REALLY cold place (northern europe, russia), cause im tired of all the heat.

I NEVER wish to live in a HOT country or city (lets say Brasil), cause im tired of the heat, i like cold weather.

I live in Buenos Aires, subtropical weather, its season go like this: 7 warm months, 5 HOT months. Winter is almost nonexistent, fall is like a hot spring (and hotter than spring actually), spring is beautiful and summer is AWFULLY HOT. Hate this weather.

I could go for a place like Perth, Australia, if ,like you say, it doesnt get too hot. But i will miss the cold. Im thinking a sunnier London (maybe Paris?, New York?). Definetely NOT Buenos Aires or any hot place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather