Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 10:04 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,803,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by §AB View Post
What's the highest minimum temp you've ever seen in Toronto?
30 C, at sunrise, with a dewpoint somewhere between 28-30 C or 88-100% humidity.

(85-86 F with a dewpoint somewhere between 82-86 F)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 10:06 AM

Default Forgot to mention favorite place with best weather...

Jamaica or Virgin Islands in winter, or coastal South Carolina in August (when no hurricanes are around, lol)

Old 06-07-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
just read what your hottest day you remember was: that's just HORRIBLE

I remember one day that was like this(last August)
1. Started out at 80F
2. By Noon it was 100F already
3. By 4PM it was 108 with a heat index of 118
4. By sunset, it was still 103
Yes, but for myself that kind of heat is possibly annoying but "no big deal."
That is my reference point for a hot day, so you can understand how it makes me giggle when I hear "this morning is way too hot... 78 F" when I would probably prefer that over what it's usually like in Toronto.

That's a bit hotter than I've ever felt...
108 F with heat index of 118 F?
Sounds like the humidity was pretty low (< 30%?)
to not make a dramatic difference in heat index like it usually does here.

Old 06-07-2008, 07:35 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,959,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Yes, but for myself that kind of heat is possibly annoying but "no big deal."
That is my reference point for a hot day, so you can understand how it makes me giggle when I hear "this morning is way too hot... 78 F" when I would probably prefer that over what it's usually like in Toronto.

That's a bit hotter than I've ever felt...
108 F with heat index of 118 F?
Sounds like the humidity was pretty low (< 30%?)
to not make a dramatic difference in heat index like it usually does here.
yea, that was a dry heat wave, no rain, no humidity, it was just HOT AND DRY, turned everything brown

Old 06-07-2008, 07:47 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,921 times
My perfect weather is 75 to 85 degrees on a blue sky, sunny day, with a slight breeze blowing. I don't need the seasons, the snow, a white Christmas, etc.
I've never been to Perth, is this what Perth is like?

In the continental US, San Diego is the closest thing I've found to my ideal, but i can't afford to live there.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:50 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
My perfect weather is 75 to 85 degrees on a blue sky, sunny day, with a slight breeze blowing. I don't need the seasons, the snow, a white Christmas, etc.

In the continental US, San Diego is the closest thing I've found to my ideal, but i can't afford to live there.
Yea, join the club. The way it sounds, San Diego would be a very nice place to live~near the ocean, temperate climate, beautiful scenery, etc. Unfortunately, it's just way beyond my means, too.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:

Perth from what I gather is hotter in summer
and maybe some winters colder, cloudier and/or rainier than San Diego

Perth normally gets a few days above 100 F (38 C) and many in the 90's F (32-37 C)
Perth averages at least 20 inches of rain.

San Diego rarely passes 84 F (29 C)
San Diego averages 9 inches of rain.

Their winter averages are similar, as well as the months outside of Perth's summer, but San Diego probably gets more sun... Or at least it's cloudiest months are still sunnier than Perth's, much less rain meaning more time for sun, and perhaps more summer fog.

*Rather than a true Meditteranean climate with cool rainy winters and hot dry summers,
San Diego has cool-to-warm and somewhat rainy winters and warm dry summers.
Meditteranean to me implies a noticeable seasonal change
where as San Diego mostly gets more sun and noticeably less rain
rather than noticeably higher temps in summer.
San Diego to me is more like cooler-tropical (like places that are medium to high altitude in the tropics)

Old 06-10-2008, 03:09 AM

574 posts, read 1,306,172 times
Quote:

Perth has a great climate...summer months are very sunny and dry and average 30 degrees celsius with a few days of over 38 degrees celsius, winter months are the rainy season with some sun and average of 18 degrees celsius.

Here is a great link for the climate of perth: cBoM - Perth Airport Climate

Old 07-22-2008, 05:40 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,277,348 times
In the continental US, San Diego is the closest thing I've found to my ideal, but i can't afford to live there

Me either. There must be somewhere there that is affordable . But, that whole Mediterranean climate of the West Coast is unique c/ its high lattitudes having mild weather in the winter and pleasant temps during the summer. All the way up to Vancouver , the winters are far less cold than much lower East coast lattitudes.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 07-22-2008, 09:36 PM

Talking Which city in the WORLD has the best weather?

This may sound odd, but I've always been impressed with Cairo, Egypt's weather.

Winter's are cool but not cold; never under 65 F.
Length of winter seems quite short too; it seems that only 3-4 months of the year have highs under 85 F.

Summer is long, usually hot but seldom excessive/lethal;
rarely hits or passes 105 F, but surprisingly seems perpetually in the high 90's or low 100's F most of the summer.

In mid-winter, highs usually range from high 60's to low 70's.

*But that's just me... I was BORN liking 75-90 F weather; it just seems in my genes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather