U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-17-2008, 01:19 AM

29,910 posts, read 5,125,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 你B View Post
funny coz its true

that's exactly what we've been having. Cold, cloudy grey monotonus wintry weather for the last 3 months. There has been perhaps 5 sunny days since April. I am depressed from it. Especially as I'm an amatuer astronomer.

In Invercargill, the weather is like this but is compounded by more rain with colder temps.
as an amatuer astronomer, i think you would like North Florida, especially in winter. the always have clear skies during winter, and if you live in a more rural area you can see almost every single star in the sky.

Invercargill I guess is very similar to Seattle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 02:54 AM

2,818 posts, read 3,924,784 times
Quote:
Even though Invercargill is extremely cold and is in my top 10 nightmare list, I doubt they have 100 freezes a year!
Lol extremely cold, you need to get outside Australia more often. You wouldn't know what cold is.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Lol extremely cold, you need to get outside Australia more often. You wouldn't know what cold is.
Yes i agree, until you've been to Upstate NY in January(i did, lol) you don't know what COLD is

Old 06-17-2008, 02:55 AM

5,060 posts, read 2,741,294 times
In terms of temperatures, Invercargill is very similar to Eureka, California.

Eureka
Climate in Eureka, California

Invercargill (scroll down to see temp chart)
Invercargill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
I'm afraid I do know what cold is.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:58 AM

Quote:
technically, Invercargill does have 4 seasons: Winter, winter, winter and winter.

forget about Invercargill then

nope. But they do have an abundance of grey skies and ugly cold rain.

Technically Invercargill has 4 seasons, its not just cold all the time, its funny how everyone complains about our weather but yet nobody has actually been to Invercargill. Those averages you were talking about are way out of date. Goto NIWA - National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research, New Zealand and go from there. We don't get alot of snow maybe 10-20cm per year.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:59 AM

Quote:
In terms of temperatures, Invercargill is very similar to Eureka, California.

Eureka
Climate in Eureka, California

Invercargill (scroll down to see temp chart)
Invercargill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm afraid I do know what cold is.
Wow, congrats on the quick reply, as I said those are out of date statistics.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
Yes i agree, until you've been to Upstate NY in January(i did, lol) you don't know what COLD is
I know, I thought Invercargill was quite cold in winter, was nothing compared to South Lake Tahoe, CA when I visited in December, even their winters are not as cold as Upstate NY.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:03 AM

Quote:
I know, I thought Invercargill was quite cold in winter, was nothing compared to South Lake Tahoe, CA when I visited in December, even their winters are not as cold as Upstate NY.
yea, I was in Saranac Lake, NY it was -30F(-34C) it was awesome, there was like 3 feet of snow on the ground and I had a blast

Old 06-17-2008, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
yea, I was in Saranac Lake, NY it was -30F(-34C) it was awesome, there was like 3 feet of snow on the ground and I had a blast
Haha nice, it was only around -1F (-18C) when I had decided to go for a walk in the foot of snow what fell, its pretty sweet to walk in fresh snow what hasn't been walked on.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Haha nice, it was only around -1F (-18C) when I had decided to go for a walk in the foot of snow what fell, its pretty sweet to walk in fresh snow what hasn't been walked on.
LOL, -1F is still pretty cold, yes walking in fresh snow is pretty awesome, especially if it's still falling from the sky. snow at -30 is not really snow when it's falling, it's ice crystals, it's pretty awesome.

south lake tahoe is a pretty awesome place to spend winter vacation, did you stay in a cabin??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather