Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 08:05 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,550,180 times

Advertisements

The most humid area of my state? That's easy. Find me one that's not. Hey FL is surrounded by water with the exception of the panhandle and the rest of the FL-GA state line. What can I say. I don't think it's likely to change anytime soon either. Come on down and try it out if you like saunas. Look at the bright side the humidity is high enough for your own without having to pay for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 09:43 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,716,705 times
Oh that's why we left Florida. It was absolutely horrible! The humidity and the smell of mold everywhere...well almost everywhere. But it was bad! I think it was humid 'til November then starting in March/April the humidity was back. We could not wait to move out of Florida! We lived in the Orlando area and there was simply stagnant air.

Old 07-18-2008, 06:46 AM

95 posts, read 355,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
Oh that's why we left Florida. It was absolutely horrible! The humidity and the smell of mold everywhere...well almost everywhere. But it was bad! I think it was humid 'til November then starting in March/April the humidity was back. We could not wait to move out of Florida! We lived in the Orlando area and there was simply stagnant air.
Orlando's humidity is actually not bad .. try living in Tampa or St Pete.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:08 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,468,828 times
Philadelphia is the hottest area in PA I've ever been in. Perhaps because it's closer to hell...

Old 07-18-2008, 04:40 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,716,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcabrer1 View Post
Orlando's humidity is actually not bad .. try living in Tampa or St Pete.
Really? I would have thought it would've been the other way around. What about the breeze off the water...doesn't that help? it's stagnant air in Orlando...not much breeze at all.

Old 07-18-2008, 11:04 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,006,117 times
I actually think Eureka is one of the most humid cities in California. The dewpoint is close to the actual temperature a fair amount of the time. That equates to high humidity.

In Arizona, it's kind of a tough call. Even though Yuma is in one of the driest areas of the state (precipitation-wise), it is one of the more humid areas due to its relatively close proximity to the Gulf of California. Every now and then there will be a Gulf surge that will push dewpoints WAY high during the most random times of year. Sometimes dewpoints will be near 70 degrees (Florida-style) while dewpoints across most of the rest of the state will be in the 40s and 50s.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:12 PM

155 posts, read 149,646 times
My state (NM): Hobbs or Clovis (gets more Gulf air)
My country (USA): entire Gulf Coast through Florida, though the midwest and NE can get nasty at times

Old 08-21-2008, 07:57 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,317,985 times
In Washington State - probabably Olympia is the most humid city, with Forks the most humid town (MUCH more humid).

Of course here in Washington our humidity does not generally come with heat, but rather with the coolness of Autumn, Winter and Spring - except in Forks where even the summers are humid (and cool). Forks averages 121 inches of rainfall a year so the ground is almost always damp and the humidity high (average high in August is only 72).

I would think that San Francisco would probably have a very high average humidity - though again, like Seattle not generally at the same time as there is heat (on the few occasions when that occurs).

Ken

Old 08-21-2008, 08:31 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,546,120 times
I can't speak for the entire state of Arkansas, but in my limited experience I would have to say Jasper is the most humid. We lived there a short while, and everything mildewed ! I can't imagine what it is like this rainy year. It is in a low spot surrounded by hills...very little air circulation.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:22 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,961,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
Really? I would have thought it would've been the other way around. What about the breeze off the water...doesn't that help? it's stagnant air in Orlando...not much breeze at all.

I live in Orlando and travel to Tampa quite often and I think it is more humid here in Orlando.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather