U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 10:51 PM

1,395 posts, read 3,060,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgussler View Post
It sounds like a lot of you nice folks can't tolerate a long time in cold weather. That's ok. Might I suggest San Diego or surrounding areas.

You know your going to miss the snow. Not necessarily shoveling the partly cloudy, but seeing the prestine white covered mountains.

In San Diego, it's a very moderate temp. In 18 years there, I saw frost on the grass one time. But the nice thing is, if you get a hankering for the prestine beauty of snow? It's an hour or so away. Nice day trip, get your fill, go home and bar-b-que outside and take a dip in the pool.
San Diego would be great, been there, very beautiful, perfect weather, sad thing is, could never afford to live there.
Brother in law lives out there, he loves it, but then he is single and can afford it. Love the idea though!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2007, 11:00 PM

17,174 posts, read 20,734,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
San Diego would be great, been there, very beautiful, perfect weather, sad thing is, could never afford to live there.
Brother in law lives out there, he loves it, but then he is single and can afford it. Love the idea though!!!!!!
Look at outlying areas. Don't look at San Diego and the suburbs. You can still get reasonable land if you get 15 to 20 miles out of town. Look at Alpine, Dulzura and such. You can still find reasonable stuff. Granted, it's a 20 maybe 30 mile drive once a month to pick up major groceries, but it's populate enough to have things to do, but unpopulated enough that your not stacked up next to the house next door. 3-5 acre lots.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:06 AM

850 posts, read 2,000,122 times
I HATE WINTER!!!

I love Kentucky - wonderful place, friendly, most of my family is here. But...I awoke again to snow this morning. I start my new job tomorrow and the road I am traveling is very hilly - hills no matter which way I go - and I am dreading it.

I do love it here, and I encourage others who want 4 seasons to come on in - but as for me - I can't take the cold anymore either. We may not have snow every winter - but it gets cold and the skys are gray - and my bones ache. With Fibromyalgia - it is not easy to get through, and the meds and yoga only temporarily help. The tanning bed and hot showers are relief for a few minutes.

I would move to an all-round summer in a heartbeat if it weren't for the kids.
Like I said, I love it here - Ky is rich in culture and history and is friendly - but my body can't take it anymore. Arizona or Nevada sounds good, too - but too far from here. Florida is the only choice so far. Dad was mowing grass the other day - lucky him!!

I completely understand your point. KimmieyKY

Old 05-01-2014, 01:19 AM

1,595 posts, read 353,015 times
Winter is the best time of the year here. The weather is beautiful and mild. But the bad thing about it is the bloody flu & common cold...!

Old 05-01-2014, 08:57 AM

1,777 posts, read 379,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
It sounds like a lot of you nice folks can't tolerate a long time in cold weather. That's ok. Might I suggest San Diego or surrounding areas.
No. I cannot tolerate dry summers either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather