U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 08:38 AM

1,394 posts, read 3,879,999 times

Advertisements

Come on guys, you are no fun at all!!!!!! I would take Minnesota off of my list if I didn't already live here lol.
I would gladly take either, of your weather that you are having today, WANT TO TRADE JUST FOR TODAY????? If not how about Sunday? It will be my birthday and I would like a sunny 70 degree weather day on my birthday, PLEASE!!!!!! In the mean time I will try to chill out. Thanks for making me feel so warm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2007, 12:10 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,059,851 times
Finally, after what felt like 2 long weeks of winter, it's 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. I was so happy to get on my bike again and enjoy the rays.
I know--it could have been worse. My daughter is finally in the double digits--although with the windchill she's still -1. Been there, done that. Now I'm like Elfyum. I need it HOT.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:18 PM

2,814 posts, read 11,899,614 times
I just compiled a bunch of photos and wrote a letter for my cousin in California and went to the mailbox to mail it....DANG! It's freezing again! I checked when I got back to the house and it was 36F...not the worst mind you it could be, but it's windy too and yesterday was HEAVEN!!!!
Yesterday it got to 67F, all the snow that had fallen and all the ice left over from mid-January (yes..there was still an inch of ice on my stoop!) melted and disappeared. And I went onto the deck in my naturals and roasted my male marshmallows in the warm sun on a beach towel for an hour until I got TOO hot!!!!! IRONY! Plus...my body hasn't seen sunlight in awhile and I didn't want to go overboard...
Today we're back to winter and I'm so thankful I had that one warm day yesterday!

Old 02-07-2007, 04:30 PM

892 posts, read 2,172,768 times
I want to come to your house MoMark.
It has been between 80 and 86 degress all week here.

Old 02-07-2007, 04:35 PM

4,489 posts, read 6,660,356 times
It still cold here in Michigan but we may be getting a break with temps reaching the 20's during the day.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingfortheperfectplace View Post
I want to come to your house MoMark.
It has been between 80 and 86 degress all week here.
You know.... it sounds weird, and I realize compared to those in Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio, and under six feet of snow in upstate New York that I have NO room to complain...
But....
After having the ground covered with ice and snow since November 30 with only a week here and there inbetween of open ground, and having to slip and slide on ice and worry about cracking your head open, as well as my truck fishtailing and having to carry charcoal bags between the back tires to add weight for stability, and freezing my ass off working in the front acreage of my property and my neighbor's property to clear up storm debris which is still not totally cleaned up... well...
You kind of get sick of snow and ice!!!!
Yesterday was AWESOME!!!! I knew Kansas City was 18F and here I was 150 miles to the south at 67F, clearly we were on the preferred side of an arctic cold front and believe me.... I TOOK AdVANTAGE of it!!!!! It was wonderful! But today is back to winter and it looks like we may be in a snow streak again starting Saturday....and I have more clearing to do Saturday...so I'm a bit troubled...
But...for people from California (and I'm a native Californian too!!!), it's fun for a short time

Old 02-07-2007, 05:59 PM

892 posts, read 2,172,768 times
Sorry, but that all sounds fun to me fishtailing is fun! (as long as your not on a mountain road)
I would love to be able to experience all that you do. Maybe not the ice making trees fall on houses though . I couldn't handle the northern states though. Too cold and too much snow.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingfortheperfectplace View Post
Sorry, but that all sounds fun to me fishtailing is fun! (as long as your not on a mountain road)
I would love to be able to experience all that you do. Maybe not the ice making trees fall on houses though . I couldn't handle the northern states though. Too cold and too much snow.
I know what you mean. If I had to be under five to six feet of snow that buried my house and me in it in Buffalo, I'd be considering going through the "check-out" line! That's NOT FOR ME!!!! I need light and I need freedom of movement!

Old 02-07-2007, 06:30 PM

3,359 posts, read 10,641,685 times
Ah, Buffalo. They have the reputation, we have the snow (Oswego) but you should see our summers. Four more feet coming and ten in total expected for the week. If we're lucky the dumps will end mid to late Feb and settle down to inches. Do have to go out sometime within the next week if the roads aren't closed. Guess I'll be on here a lot!

Sounds like fun MoMark. Too bad it only lasted a day.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:37 PM

540 posts, read 1,105,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
Well, as I sit here in Northern New Jersey, fearing the fact that I have to leave in a couple of hours to pick up my husband and kids from school, I decided to check out the weather. As of right now, it's 18 degrees outside and with the windchill it's bringing it to -4 degrees below. I'm thinking the kids might want to sleep at school and my husband may want to stay over at work....I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE MY HOUSE!!!!! However, I just read the news about the midwest, Northern Minnesota is suffering a -9 below temp. which is supposedly better than yesterday's which was -38 below for them. Part of North Dakota was was -31 below yesterday and is -5 below today. Milwaukee and Western New York had some of their schools closed for the second day....is this weather insanity or what?! And I'm the one who wants to move to Maine (maybe I am crazy after all).
Would love to trade a few days of humid heat for the snow. Here in Fort Myers, Fl., We have had a few days in the 30's and 40's, it feels colder because of the dampness. Had to actually turn on the heat! Today it was a high of 78 F. It is crazy weather! One day the heat, then the air conditioner. No wonder everyone gets sick in Florida! I would not mind the snow or cold for a while, but getting out and driving in it would not be fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or