Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 08:53 AM

338 posts, read 1,445,455 times

Advertisements

In Your opinion or What You Know As fact--where Is The Worst Weather In eastern Usa? From Memphis Tn To The Outer Areas Of Nc More Specifically...i Just Watched A Special On Tornadoes And Wondered who Gets More tennessee or north Carolina? Who Gets The Worst Weather Period? Just Thought I'd Throw That Out There--i Have Looked Up All The Stats But Its People Who Live There And Have Lived Threw It That Know The Best Answer! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2006, 10:48 AM

954 posts, read 4,377,287 times
My least favorite was in Greenville NC, East of Raleigh in the Coastal Plane.
Too far from Mountains and too far from the Ocean to get any cooling effect.
Heat and humidity gets really oppressive during the summer.
Then you have hurricane season.
Mild winters generally, but I missed the snow.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:04 PM

338 posts, read 1,445,455 times
Thats what I heard about NC in general- that it is oppressive in the summer-sweltering...which happens all of 10 days in NY.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:28 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Go to the weather channel web site and it will give more information on what the normal highs and lows are for all areas. And the from what I have read and seen myself I believe the mountains in western N.C. are not as hot as others parts of the state are in the summer.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:34 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
NC summer weather is miserable, add in the insane amount of mosquitos!! The mountains are generally cooler but still humid.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
NC summer weather is miserable, add in the insane amount of mosquitos!! The mountains are generally cooler but still humid.
It sounds like you're talking about summer in Houston, wish we had the mountains

Old 10-25-2006, 06:37 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,318,181 times
There is a little part of TN, which is called North East TN. It is North of Asheville NC and South of Bristol VA. Ranges from East Knoxville TN all the way to VA, KY and VA boarders. This is where I live. We are in a valley and the foot hills of the Smokies and the Clinch Mountains. We are protected from Hurricanes, and tornadoes. We do get a few says of humid weather in heart of summer and we get some really cold days in winter but not much snow. about 12 inches totally per year that comes down about 2 inches at a time and melts off within 24 hours or less. We do get several days of rain at a time once in a while and a few areas are know for flooding but they are far and few between. We have been know to get "micro Burst" which are kind of like a mini tornado with no funnel cloud, but again, rare.
Terrain is mainly "hilly" but not mountainous like Asheville NC but certainly not flat as a pancake like FL. You don't need a 4 wheel drive SUV.
After living in both New England and Fl, I would say we have some of the best weather, even though I know you were looking for the worst. Personally, I think FL is the worst. It has 3 temp ranges 1. Hot 2. Hotter and 3. to hot to breath! then there are all the hurricanes and that 3:00 everyday rain thing that just makes it even hotter!

Old 10-26-2006, 10:40 AM

50 posts, read 122,206 times
Like I said Mr. Moderator, you have a right to your opinion too (i.e. "I think FL is the worst")......

I've lived all over the nation, FL is still FL, and TN will always be TN. FL averages 1000 people a day moving to the State....not that this statistic is, in itself a wonderful thing, but soon, similarly, every moron will be moving to east TN as well....

Frankly I like it here in SW, Gorgeous FL and it's 80 degrees right now with little to no humidity...and the sky is blue.....and it's late October....I'm heading for the lynx methinks !

Old 10-26-2006, 11:26 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
then there are all the hurricanes and that 3:00 everyday rain thing that just makes it even hotter!
So now even a moderator dumps on Florida (and then goes off-topic to tout his area? )
Well, mbmouse, can you answer this:
How many hurricanes did Florida get so far this season?
I actually like the 3:00 rain thing, though I haven't seen much of it up here in the northwest.

I've heard that Tallahassee gets colder than the rest of Florida in the winter, and hotter than the coast in summer. So that could very well be considered a problematic climate. (Good thing it's only 1 1/2 hrs from the beach.)

I guess it's very subjective when it comes to this type of thing. I myself would find a New England winter a bit grim to get through.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:00 PM

I want to defend mbmouse for answering a question and giving their opinion about the weather because they have lived in those areas. We all like different weather, some like hot, some like cold, but don't jump on someone just because you disagree with them. And Fl may not have gotten a hurricane this year but wow look in past years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather