Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 02:07 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,808,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I don't think our pooch is enjoying the fall this year. I took her out on the coldest morning when we had lows in the low 40's and she was in such a hurry to get it done and back inside she tinkled right on top of a very large fire ant bed. Lucky for me and her the ants where seeking warmth deep down that morning. I will pay closer attention to where she is heading when it gets cold again.
A short-haired breed?

I have a bichon and though she sometimes hates cold, she never seems to notice unless it's frosty or colder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 01:00 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
A short-haired breed?

I have a bichon and though she sometimes hates cold, she never seems to notice unless it's frosty or colder.
She is a Lhaso Apso. Just hates going outside period some days. A real cute premadonna. Once I get her out and she sees it is cool if dry she will want to stay out in the sun on the driveway. Sorry about her luck. She get's drug back inside.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
She is a Lhaso Apso. Just hates going outside period some days. A real cute premadonna. Once I get her out and she sees it is cool if dry she will want to stay out in the sun on the driveway. Sorry about her luck. She get's drug back inside.
My dog loves the sun too, only she doesn't need a cool day.
Sometimes I've seen her lie out in the sun when it's 95 F and 55% humidity.
She can be good like that for 10-15 minutes, lying on even hotter concrete...
But she can also do the same when it's 15 F and dry.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:32 PM

1,790 posts, read 6,518,485 times
I really enjoy fall other than raking all those falling leaves. I spent a good amount of time yesterday planting 75 daffodil bulbs, about 25 tulips and a few other bulbs. Hoping they all come up in the spring.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:36 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times
I've been trying to keep up with the leaves every day. Living on a corner and a prevailing west wind, I seem to get the whole block! I don't mind when the weather is good but raking when its 40 is not my idea of fun time!

I bought this house last fall and by next spring the fence along the public sidewalk will be gone. I don't have kids or pets no need for this big redwood fence. No fence between my neighbor and I so all her leaves end up in my yard, not much raking for her!

Old 11-08-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I've been trying to keep up with the leaves every day. Living on a corner and a prevailing west wind, I seem to get the whole block! I don't mind when the weather is good but raking when its 40 is not my idea of fun time!
That's one of the worst aspects of a "northern climate":

Days with highs at about 40 F are less-than-comfy to most people;
not "bad" yet certainly not a temp that makes it "easy" to be outside
and the bad part of the northern climate is...

having going weeks or months with everyday like that, or colder!
If everyday is just cool/cold enough to make life difficult
ON THE WARMEST DAYS over a several week to several month stretch
it does get VERY tiring.

A few days in a row at 40 F or less? No problem.

A cold snap with 10-20 days at 40 F or less? Meh, no big deal. (when you know the cold won't last)

60-120 straight days at 40 F or less? Words cannot fully descibe how annoying this is.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:36 PM

26,408 posts, read 46,581,861 times
I was enjoying the cooler temperatures until we had lows in the 50s AGAIN. The low has been in the 50s for three consecutive nights. I am ready for the cold air again, and a change in the weather pattern. I would move to the Northwest if I liked many days in a row with drizzle.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:20 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,961,017 times
Don't worry granite.....I see some days with higs in the 40's and lows in the 20's in your forecast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather