U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 02-25-2009, 08:10 PM

29,910 posts, read 5,086,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
In the morning there is just a bit of shade here and there, as the sun comes up.
I water the plants before the heat of the day....I walk over to feel the temperature of the pool. Slightly cool, and awaiting a nice hot day.
The birds fly about looking for their morning food and perch upon the feeder back in the garden. Flowers of yellow, purple, and reds bloom beneath the feeder....The bunnies hop about eating the grass, before they will find cool shelter later in the day.
The windows are opened at the house, letting in that wonderful air...
The water of the pool glistens in the sunlight....it has a sparkle and shimmer that I miss when winter closes its reign.
We put the umbrella up for shade, as the sun becomes quite strong.
Off to sit at the pool, and take a dip now and then...
Evening comes and the deck is shaded, ready for the cookout dinner.
Its quiet now on top of the mountain.......the sun sets......and that light, breeze slips into the house as we turn on the ceiling fan for just a bit of breeze in the air...
Then tomorrow is another summer day.......and the land blooms again.
My ideal summer day.............
You would love GA or FL or any deep south state!!!
Quick reply to this message

Unread 02-25-2009, 08:13 PM

9,597 posts, read 13,890,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
You would love GA or FL or any deep south state!!!
So most people would not enjoy Summering's description of ideal summer weather?

*His description sounded like nice, "mild" summer weather to me...
And I KNOW that most people hate southern summer weather.

Unread 02-25-2009, 08:14 PM

9,926 posts, read 8,059,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by §AB View Post
Seriously, you have not been outside after sunset! It may not be apparent when you step outside, but when you touch an object in your backyard, chances are it'll be wet. Dew is a menace everywhere in Melbourne during the cold half of the year atleast. Trust me, everywhere in Melbourne and pretty much everywhere along the coast of Australia suffers from nightly dew especially in winter.

Now, why the hell would anyone go to a Victorian beach in winter??? Water temps EVERYWHERE along the coast average below 20C in summer, Moderator cut: Word removed that's bloody cold enough, but WINTER? Moderator cut: Word removed !!!! As a matter of fact, anywhere in Victoria along the extreme coast is cold year round, with climates like Eureka California and coastal Oregon.

Victoria has the coldest beaches in the world for its latitude.
You're most welcome to come on down and check. I'd be surprised if you found it. But again I will say I was referring to the warmer weather.

And I guess I won't invite you to the beach in Winter then?
Best thing about the beach in Winter is you've pretty much got it to yourself AND you don't get sunburnt.

Unread 02-25-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
So most people would not enjoy Summering's description of ideal summer weather?

*I KNOW that MOST people hate southern summer weather.
I'm saying Summering would love southern summer weather...

But, you are right. Most southerners I talk to really loathe summertime.

Unread 02-25-2009, 08:18 PM

9,597 posts, read 13,890,254 times
Quote:
I'm saying Summering would love southern summer weather...

But, you are right. Most southerners I talk to really loathe summertime.
I just want to get this straight;
Most southerners loathe "mild-yet-distinctly-summer" weather?

Unread 02-25-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
I just want to get this straight;
Most southerners loathe "mild-yet-distinctly-summer" weather?
Most southerners that live in the "Deep South" (LA,MS,AL,GA,SC) really do not like the weather during the summer.........temps at 90+ and humidity over 50%. That's not "mild".

Unread 02-25-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
I found for myself, I really screw myself by spending over 1 hour without some kind of wetsuit and the water is less than 27 C...
(if the air is also under 32 C.) Some of my fingers have gone numb after spending 1.5 hours underwater in conditions like this; 28 C air, water 26 C. When the air is over 32 C, even while wet I can easily regain lost body heat by staying in the sun.

*I could say the same thing, only "girls" can't work hard all day in the 38 C sunshine.
Up until the other day I wasn't aware of your inner thermostat problems and having them myself but from the opposite temperatures causing the ill effect you most definitely could call me a girl, for not being able to work hard all day in anything over 23c. (and even that's a stretch )

I suggest Queensland for you. I'm staying right here in Victoria.

Unread 02-25-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Up until the other day I wasn't aware of your inner thermostat problems and having them myself but from the opposite temperatures causing the ill effect you most definitely could call me a girl, for not being able to work hard all day in anything over 23c. (and even that's a stretch )

I suggest Queensland for you. I'm staying right here in Victoria.
I'm with you! I'm a wimp when it comes to really hot weather. Though I have ran 3-4 miles with temps in the 40C range (August of '07 in Georgia during baseball conditioning) and that was the worst thing I have ever done....I'm surprised they didn't cancel conditioning that day....I swear I was cookin' and sizzling out there....turning into roast pig..

Unread 02-25-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
I'm with you! I'm a wimp when it comes to really hot weather. Though I have ran 3-4 miles with temps in the 40C range (August of '07 in Georgia during baseball conditioning) and that was the worst thing I have ever done....I'm surprised they didn't cancel conditioning that day....I swear I was cookin' and sizzling out there....turning into roast pig..
Warm I like, with a light breeze, even better.

Once it starts getting over 24c what I can do starts to become limited and over 30c forget about practically everything AND when you get to over 40c that's when you'll find me lying stretched out in front of the aircon doing nothing and still feeling icky.

I'll never understand why that level of exertion is requested or participated in on days of high temperature. Doesn't anybody remember that bloke whose muscles were liquified in the heat??????

Unread 02-25-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Warm I like, with a light breeze, even better.

Once it starts getting over 24c what I can do starts to become limited and over 30c forget about practically everything AND when you get to over 40c that's when you'll find me lying stretched out in front of the aircon doing nothing and still feeling icky.

I'll never understand why that level of exertion is requested or participated in on days of high temperature. Doesn't anybody remember that bloke whose muscles were liquified in the heat??????

That's what I usually do at 40C too! Or sit in the shower all day.....

Muscles liquified in heat???? eek!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather