U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-04-2009, 06:07 PM

5,060 posts, read 3,109,758 times

Advertisements

Intensely hot during the day, followed by a hot night. About twice a week, humidity would increase and huge thunderstorms would develop during the evening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 07:18 PM

1,709 posts, read 1,513,680 times
During the day, it would be cool enough to wear a short sleeved shirt and pants without sweating. Sweating would only be possible if I exercised outside for more than 30-45 minutes, depending on the intensity. If I had a fan in the window, it would be cool enough for me to put on a long sleeved shirt or lay under a blanket.

During the night, I would have to sleep with the fan off because it would be too cold otherwise.

*By the way, I explicitly used the term "fan" because in ideal conditions, A/C units would only be necessary during freak heat waves.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:19 PM

8,928 posts, read 7,257,567 times
There is no ideal summer weather for me, because summer is the opposite of winter. If it were ideal for me, it wouldn't be summer but winter. I think I just confused myself.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:29 PM

9,598 posts, read 15,601,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
There is no ideal summer weather for me, because summer is the opposite of winter. If it were ideal for me, it wouldn't be summer but winter. I think I just confused myself.
No worries...
So you're ideal summer is probably either "spring-like"
(or "winter-like" if you're obsessed with cold )
*I know I'm breaking one of my own thread's rules,
but for me highs from 74-55 F and lows down to just barely above freezing can count as "spring-like."
Winter for me means "ice and snow" to some degree, even if it's a rare overnight occurance.

My ideal "winter weather" is it's the only time of year it can get quite chilly, and preferably that only happens overnight.
Could be frosty but doesn't have to be, and I would definitely not "want" to see any rogue frosty mornings outside of winter;
The only season it "makes sense" to (mentally) put up with cold.
For me "seasons" caused by large temperature changes hurt.
Wet and Dry Seasons? I'd be more than happy to handle those instead.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
No worries...
So you're ideal summer is probably either "spring-like"
(or "winter-like" if you're obsessed with cold )
Our spring weather is nearly as hot as summer, so I definitely don't want that! On the other hand, all-out winter weather in the middle of summer might be a little frightening, because that would be a sure sign that something was severely screwed up.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:27 PM

9,598 posts, read 15,601,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Our spring weather is nearly as hot as summer, so I definitely don't want that! On the other hand, all-out winter weather in the middle of summer might be a little frightening, because that would be a sure sign that something was severely screwed up.
I wasn't saying "your" spring weather,
I meant the idealic or common thoughts on what spring is.
To me, spring means temps where most people feel is "good" for long pants and a t-shirt during the day
with or without a jacket around dawn/dusk.
(like typical North Florida winter weather )

*If you'd like "winter-like" summers (windchills approaching freezing ) then perhaps you wish you could live with the Eskimos or in Newfoundland...
Nothing wrong with not wanting to stay living where you grew up.

Last edited by ColdCanadian; 08-05-2009 at 11:35 PM..

Old 08-06-2009, 09:26 AM

6,046 posts, read 6,272,318 times
Quote:
To me, spring means temps where most people feel is "good" for long pants and a t-shirt during the day

*If you'd like "winter-like" summers (windchills approaching freezing ) then perhaps you wish you could live with the Eskimos or in Newfoundland...
I gave you rep points for that last sentence alone.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:

I suppose I wouldn't want winter-like weather in the middle of summer. Highs in the low 70s without too much humidity would be nice. I still prefer cooler temps than that, but I certainly wouldn't complain if that's what summer was like!

Old 08-06-2009, 10:16 PM

5,060 posts, read 3,109,758 times
Winterlike weather in the middle of summer is evil. Unfortunately, here it's all too common. To me, anything below 25C in summer is too cold.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:01 AM

2,615 posts, read 1,835,473 times
Ideal summer would be when it starts with a "w" and ends in "inter"!

Just Kidding. It would have to be hot enough to want to go to the beach or pool, but cool enough that in evenings or night you can do outside activities like walk, bike, play basketball/football, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather