Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 04:26 AM

5,054 posts, read 6,895,820 times

Advertisements

I just went to a place where there is my ideal summer weather.

mild-warm mornings, not too hot, not too cold, just comfortable enough to enjoy the sunrise in shirt and shorts, hot afternoons, and warm evenings where one can partake outdoor activities without dying, unlike here in icy cold subarctic Melbourne.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 07:42 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,796,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by §AB View Post
I just went to a place where there is my ideal summer weather.

mild-warm mornings, not too hot, not too cold, just comfortable enough to enjoy the sunrise in shirt and shorts, hot afternoons, and warm evenings where one can partake outdoor activities without dying, unlike here in icy cold subarctic Melbourne.
Was that Cairns again?

My idea of perfection too. I prefer some warmth right up until bedtime, midnight even.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:04 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
My ideal summer weather would be just barely warm at all and cool at night. (In other words, early "autumn-like" weather! LOL!)

Old 01-08-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Was that Cairns again?

My idea of perfection too. I prefer some warmth right up until bedtime, midnight even.
Renmark, South Australia.

DAILY Cold fronts are once again forecast in this goddamn hellhole while places like Adelaide will get their usual heatwaves

I hate the weather here more than words can ever express

Old 01-08-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
My ideal summer weather would be just barely warm at all and cool at night. (In other words, early "autumn-like" weather! LOL!)
Our weather feels like that to me, (and many people) fairly-reliably from late-August into mid-September.
We'd consider that "late-summer" weather. Care to plan a visit?

In your ideal summer weather,
would this be comfortable for you in t-shirt and shorts,
or are you hoping to wear long sleeves all day "in comfort?"

Last edited by ColdCanadian; 01-08-2010 at 11:08 AM..

Old 01-08-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Renmark, South Australia.

I hate the weather here more than words can ever express
I just looked up Renmark, SA. I'm surprised it's not very far north.

Similar sentiments about my particular homeland,
but every climate in my country is "stuffed up," imho.
At least you don't need to immigrate to live in a happy climate.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:35 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Quote:
Our weather feels like that to me, (and many people) fairly-reliably from late-August into mid-September.
We'd consider that "late-summer" weather. Care to plan a visit?

In your ideal summer weather,
would this be comfortable for you in t-shirt and shorts,
or are you hoping to wear long sleeves all day "in comfort?"
Yeah, T-shirt and shorts would be warm enough for that in daytime. Something more for cool evenings. In Texas, that would typical "October" weather. And often November is that warm too, but by then we are getting some cold fronts coming through and it can get cold.

LOL! I probably ought to spend my entire summers in Canada actually!

Old 01-08-2010, 05:22 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
Cool nights are the best, never having to use the A/C is ideal or as SAB would say cold subarctic temps, sounds perfect to me!

Old 01-08-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
I just looked up Renmark, SA. I'm surprised it's not very far north.

Similar sentiments about my particular homeland,
but every climate in my country is "stuffed up," imho.
At least you don't need to immigrate to live in a happy climate.
Renmark (and Mildura) is borderline desert and is far enough inland to avoid most cool changes and seabreezes that torment Melbourne. Fantastic summer climate in that area....hot, but not deadly days, warm evenings and nice mild clear mornings. Can't get better than that

And both towns seem to have a huge population of palm trees. Pretty much every second house sits under a canopy of palms! In Mildura, you can see palms and palm bushes growing in the wild beside irrigation ditches. Don't see that anywhere else in Victoria.

Both places however have their weather stations at the airport, which is some 10km from town in both cases and sits in a pancake flat field. I reckon if the AWS was in town it might read hotter both during day and night...well in Mildura's case atleast as it's a fairly sizable town so it probably has a "heat island".

Old 01-08-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Renmark (and Mildura) is borderline desert and is far enough inland to avoid most cool changes and seabreezes that torment Melbourne. Fantastic summer climate in that area....hot, but not deadly days, warm evenings and nice mild clear mornings. Can't get better than that

And both towns seem to have a huge population of palm trees. Pretty much every second house sits under a canopy of palms! In Mildura, you can see palms and palm bushes growing in the wild beside irrigation ditches. Don't see that anywhere else in Victoria.

Both places however have their weather stations at the airport, which is some 10km from town in both cases and sits in a pancake flat field. I reckon if the AWS was in town it might read hotter both during day and night...well in Mildura's case atleast as it's a fairly sizable town so it probably has a "heat island".
Renmark and Mildura sound dreamy.

I'm surprised it's the only part of Victoria where palms have naturalised.
Pretty much anywhere in North America mild enough to not kill palms is warm enough for them to thrive during the growing season. (further evidence that Melbourne is a "British climate, Down Under"? )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather