Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 07:54 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times

Advertisements

Well, I wonder what's up with that deal? Dave Schwartz was just on this afternoon. Surely they didn't give him a 30 day notice or something and he'd be staying. Ya think???

Susan, I agree. I realize the Midwest doesn't have the huge population that many parts of the country has, but it's frustrating to be having a blinding snowstorm and they're so busy whining about a possible freeze in their area that we're barely mentioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 08:20 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,493,384 times
I will greatly miss Dave Schwartz on TWC. He is one of my favorites. I saw him a few times in the last couple of days and he seems in pretty good spirits for someone who is about to lose their job. Of course, Dave usually does seem to be in a good mood. Also saw Cheryl Lempke who reportedly has been fired as well. She was on with Dave yesterday.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:27 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Well, I wonder what's up with that deal? Dave Schwartz was just on this afternoon. Surely they didn't give him a 30 day notice or something and he'd be staying. Ya think???

Susan, I agree. I realize the Midwest doesn't have the huge population that many parts of the country has, but it's frustrating to be having a blinding snowstorm and they're so busy whining about a possible freeze in their area that we're barely mentioned.
I agree Jammie, why are they still there if they're getting fired?

Old 11-29-2008, 09:09 AM

13,791 posts, read 8,153,927 times
Well, if they are leaving against their will, some large market television station should try and snatch them up if at all possible. Some TV markets in the Top 10 pay as well if not better than other places.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:09 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,001,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post

Jammie

I saw on the one of the weather boards I frequent that Dave's last days is supposed to be 11/30....

Dan

Old 11-29-2008, 12:55 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaninEGF View Post
Jammie

I saw on the one of the weather boards I frequent that Dave's last days is supposed to be 11/30....

Dan
Oh no!!! That's disappointing! Maybe they had some sort of contract they had to fulfill or something? Anyway, I'm disappointed in their actions.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:43 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,609,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
I had read somewhere that NBC had bought TWC...now hopefully they'll move its headquarters out of Atlanta so the weather focus isn't always on them!!

J/K!!!!!

I'd like to see the same as well.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:30 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,667,080 times
I am upset by them letting Dave go, he was great and made my day. I wonder how Jim feels about doing weather on the Today Show? I have a feeling they are going to try to turn this into something like the Today SHow...sad..an era gone.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:21 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,679,267 times
I am late on this news and I am extremely saddened. Cheryl Lemke was my absolute favorite meteorologist on TWC. She just had a very pleasant demeanor everytime she talked, whether it was -50 or 120 degrees outside, rain or shine, blizzard or monsoon. I also really liked Dave Schwartz and Eboni Deon. I had to do my research since I hadn't seen any of them in a while. I think they made a huge mistake by letting them go. Someone else will gain very well from their booboo.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:11 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
I don't watch as often anymore. I liked Dave and Cheryl, too. I used to watch in the morning and that changed, too, as Marshall Seese retired. NBC is probably trying to capitalize on Jim Cantori's popularity by having him do the weather on the Today Show. Its all about ratings and money. I'm pretty sure GMA is ahead of Today in that market.

My neighbor in Illinois was upset, she listens to WGN every day and weather used to come from TWC radio. She really liked the one weather guy. I told her they were sold to NBC and I didn't think WGN being radio and tv would purchase something from a competitor. He was from Nebraska (she is, too, actually) and she really felt he understood the plains/midwest weather the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather