Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 09:49 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,430,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
So if NBC now owns TWC that means that GE also owns it. I hope they don't start forcing their politics on the audience by constantly talking about "global warming". We all know GE has some wind turbines they need to sell.
Now that's interesting. I knew there was a reason that I'm no longer glued to TWC. Nothing like pushing your own agenda to make some $$, is there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 08:46 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,678,016 times
I hope NBC encourages them to stop talking about Atlanta all the time. Did anyone happen to watch TWC tonight? I know that Atlanta had a pretty bad storm go through, but so did a good chunk of the South. It hailed here much earlier. And there were deadly tornadoes all over the place. Instead, they're showing Stephanie Abrams on a bridge, showing pictures of the fingertip-sized hail down there...they had the president of the Braves on the air (I can understand concerns over the baseball game)...I just wish they would get with the program and either stop focusing on Atlanta or just name the flippin' channel The Atlanta Channel.

And I miss Cheryl Lemke terribly!!!

Old 04-10-2009, 10:56 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,191,649 times
Oh great !!! Now it's going to be 75° , sunny with blue skies and balmy winds from the south 24/7/365...

Old 04-19-2009, 06:48 PM

2 posts, read 4,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Personally I just hope they get rid of the entertainmnet programs and get back to weather. I know that their hurricane coverage is as hyped as Riveras now days since katrina.
I agree with you. The Weather Channel started out with a bang and now it has morphed into so many entertainment programs. I personally want to see the present weather when I change stations to The Weather and I am totally not interested in seeing storms that have happened in the past or disasters that may occur in the future!!!!

Old 09-13-2009, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 790 times
I'm from Texas and we can all kinds of weather at the same time.
We also lynch people who screw up--watch out NBC execs-- you messed up the weather channel.
Miss those old pros, especially Dave. Now I have blonds in tight sweaters and pants trying to tell me where that tornado is when they don't know Waco from Whacko!!!!!

Old 09-13-2009, 12:19 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,538,830 times
TWC= going down the drain.
I get all my weather info as well as computer models online anyway. I have for over 10 years.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:47 PM

3,435 posts, read 3,044,525 times
Smile NBC buys Weather Channel

Txbiobabe : I agree with you.
I also miss watching Dave Schwarts on the Weather Channel.
I do like most all of their on air Meteorologists though.
I think Dave Schwarts has some kind of weather blog link now.
If he ever sets up a Facebook Profile I`ll join it.
A few Weather Channel Meteorologists already have a Facebook Profile and I have all ready joined those.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:27 PM

1,225 posts, read 3,227,959 times
I also miss Dave Schwartz. I remember watching him late at night a few years back. His clicker stopped working while on air. Rather than panic, he simply made a joke out of it and put the clicker up to his face, joking that he was shaving with it. They cut to a commercial but when they came back onto the air, he and the other meteorologist on air with him were trying so hard not to laugh that they were practically turning blue. It was classic! I was laughing right along with them!

I also miss the old weather Channel. I wonder how the changes have affected their ratings? I hope that NBC wakes up and realizes that they have made some mistakes, and that it's better to leave what's been working well for all of these years alone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather