U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-04-2009, 06:19 PM

1,926 posts, read 1,997,275 times

Advertisements

In response to the O/P, Minnesota is always like that when it needs to be so if you're used to it, then cool.

However, the Victor Valley seems to have its own weather in relation to the rest of SoCal.
While it'll be relatively calm and mild in the LA/OC/San Bernardino/Riverside areas during the Fall/Winter months, the wind would be blowing 20-30+mph up here with wind-chill making the temperature plummet to 30 degrees or lower.
I ride my bicycle alot in this weather, while everyone else I know drives their car in any.
They and alot of the stores up here don't seem to realize the temperatures sneak up on you up here and they still stock things like gloves and long-johns as a seasonal item.

Health-wise, cold-weather slows me to a crawl while 100+ degree temperatures make me quicker and more active.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 07:45 PM

2,789 posts, read 2,913,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
Health-wise, cold-weather slows me to a crawl while 100+ degree temperatures make me quicker and more active.
The only time 100+ temperatures make me quicker is when I'm on the beach barefoot and the sand is too hot to walk on.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:26 PM

5,262 posts, read 7,777,025 times
I love the cold.
I couldn't imagine living in a place with mild temperatures all year round.

I love feeling warm and cozy to get comfortable.. it beats the hell out of being cooled down by an Air Conditioning.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:36 PM

7,880 posts, read 9,681,708 times
I absolutely positively hate the cold.

I hate wearing extra stuff, I have asthma so I can't breathe unless I have my face in my coat, I have allergies and they come out when its cold. It's a very miserable time for me, its hard to live like this its very physically restricting.

I'd rather it be sunny & 120 degrees than it be cloudy & 45 degrees.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:47 PM

20,050 posts, read 21,048,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
I absolutely positively hate the cold.

I hate wearing extra stuff, I have asthma so I can't breathe unless I have my face in my coat, I have allergies and they come out when its cold. It's a very miserable time for me, its hard to live like this its very physically restricting.

I'd rather it be sunny & 120 degrees than it be cloudy & 45 degrees.
You are my total opposite I absolutely positively HATE the heat. The colder the better for me. But I can understand why you don't like the cold since it makes you sick.

Old 10-05-2009, 02:44 PM

6,758 posts, read 7,182,839 times
I love the heat. I'm working on trying to like cold weather. Why do I not like cold weather?

numb fingers
numb toes
numb face
runny nose
chapped lips
red, frozen ears
stiff joints
congestion, colds, flu, etc.
much windier in winter
cold floors
icy roads
Most vegetation is dead and dull
gray, gloomy landscape

Yep, those are reasons I hate the cold. And I live in Texas so it doesn't really get very cold here, but cold enough for me not too like it. I REALLY am trying to not hate the cold though. I am working on trying to find reasons to like all 4 seasons regardless of where I live. Seasons last too long to hate them. Would be a shame to go through life hating anywhere from 1/4th to 1/2 of the year every year!

Old 10-05-2009, 03:27 PM

9,598 posts, read 15,620,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I love the heat. I'm working on trying to like cold weather. Why do I not like cold weather?

numb fingers
numb toes
numb face
runny nose
chapped lips
red, frozen ears
stiff joints
congestion, colds, flu, etc.
much windier in winter
cold floors
icy roads
Most vegetation is dead and dull
gray, gloomy landscape

Yep, those are reasons I hate the cold. And I live in Texas so it doesn't really get very cold here, but cold enough for me not too like it. I REALLY am trying to not hate the cold though. I am working on trying to find reasons to like all 4 seasons regardless of where I live. Seasons last too long to hate them. Would be a shame to go through life hating anywhere from 1/4th to 1/2 of the year every year!
Interesting perspective...

I easily "hate" 3/5 of the year, every year.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:27 PM

13,496 posts, read 25,464,508 times
Oh, if I lived in Tx., I could probably force myself to like winters there. In fact, there are people from our area who go down there to get away from winter.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:33 PM

20,050 posts, read 21,048,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Oh, if I lived in Tx., I could probably force myself to like winters there. In fact, there are people from our area who go down there to get away from winter.
You would love it here in winter because we don't have it, especially in Houston

Old 10-05-2009, 08:55 PM

10,734 posts, read 5,999,835 times
I love cold weather. Right now is an ideal time of the year here in Jersey. Temperatures in the 50s and 60s during the day. All last week it was in the 50s and it felt so refreshing. Personally, my ideal temperatures are the 40s and 50s. Cool and refreshing.

I feel like I'm the only one who actually enjoys cold, dark, cloudy, dreary, rainy, snowy, windy weather. Nothing better than being home with a fire and a hot cup of tea. I'm a bit of a hermit, so winter gives me a good excuse to stay indoors. Admittedly it is a pain to heat up the car and clear all the snow and ice off of it early in the morning. And driving can be very dangerous too when conditions are bad. But I'm willing to put up with it. The only downside to cold, winter weather is dry skin and dry air in buildings from the heating (I become extra thirsty).

I work outside during the summer and come to despise hot and humid weather. Taking a shower seems pointless since I'll be soaked with sweat after being outside for a few minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather