U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-06-2009, 08:21 PM

3,438 posts, read 4,539,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Example of why I hate cold weather---

Today ( Sunday)-------before leaving for church------dress with T- shirt, sweatshirt, jacket,

Sweep light snow off car,scrape thick frost off windshield, back window and side windows. Check backseat to insure heavy coat, warm gloves, stocking cap are there in case something happens ( flat tire etc)

Summer-------put on short sleeve dress shirt, shoes,socks, dress pants-----and I'm off driving down the road

( and we aren't even in winter yet )

That's my beef - the clothing - its a hassle but necessary. You run to pick up something you need at a minimum boots, a coat, gloves and you should always have extras. Add kids into the mix and its just a pain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 09:13 PM

6,046 posts, read 6,278,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Opposite. Need milk at 7 AM. Don't want to get dressed. In the winter, throw a coat over my pj's, put on big boots, and a hat or hood over my uncombed hair. Drive home, take of the coat, boots, hair, and jump back in bed.

Nobody will ever know what I was wearing, or not wearing, under that coat.
If you went back to bed after getting the milk, then you clearly didn't need the milk right away.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:42 AM

8,930 posts, read 7,268,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by §AB View Post
We have tons of such days in summer, usually after hot days as an unwelcome cold front results in the catastrophic collapse of summer anywhere from a few days up to an entire month.
Days like that are precious few during summer here. Nothing is a bigger relief to me than a day that's only 80 after weeks of mid 90s+. Unfortunately that rarely happens.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:41 PM

5,060 posts, read 3,113,831 times
here its the warm sunny days in summer that are a precious few

Old 10-07-2011, 08:00 PM

1 posts, read 453 times
i agree i love the cold,how ever i live in queensland australia which is know for being a tropical paradise lol so what i find cold isnt really cold,but still i also think places that are cold tend to look more pretty,

Old 10-09-2011, 05:09 PM

2,276 posts, read 3,846,190 times
I like the cold too.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:14 PM

37 posts, read 12,215 times
I like it! I always think, You can add more layers when it's cold but you can only take so many off when it's hot.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:15 PM

861 posts, read 797,751 times
I hope this record breaking heat in Texas overwhelms winter

I find tropical landscapes to be much more attractive, temperate landscapes tend to be monotonous, bare, and boring (imho)...

Old 10-09-2011, 06:20 PM

19,096 posts, read 9,412,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asagi View Post

I find tropical landscapes to be much more attractive, temperate landscapes tend to be monotonous, bare, and boring (imho)...
You need to spend some vacation to visit El Yunque in Puerto Rico or Hilo, HI. Both places have rainforests (although the NPS says El Yunque is the only tropical rainforest in the U.S.)

Old 10-09-2011, 06:37 PM

14,928 posts, read 8,934,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asagi View Post

Each to their own, but I think snow makes everything look better. .

Derwent Water - Keswick | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/frederiquejaffeux/4278901890/in/photostream/ - broken link)

I'd rather have that over tropical any day..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather