U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 01:43 PM

655 posts, read 2,054,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
That sounds like delightful spring weather, can we trade?

It's 39 F today, it'll hit 50 in a few days and then we're going back into the high 20's.
I hear you on that one! Today, it hit 50 degrees here and everyone's running around like it's the middle of summer. Funny how 50 seems warmer when you're coming out of a sub-zero winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2007, 02:33 PM

9,595 posts, read 22,898,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Oh if only we could! You would love it here, I would love it there

I just noticed yesterday the fig tree and the mimosa tress are getting blooms.

Flowers are in full bloom and so is the yellow pollen on the pine trees
-You crack me up!
-Sweet! I'm sure they'll look pretty.
-You could get easy allergy relief just by flying up; it's much too cold for pollen of any kind.

(it's still winter, but it normally stays winter until about April Fool's Day anyways)

Old 03-11-2007, 03:54 PM

1,406 posts, read 4,590,140 times
Central Florida is beautiful!

High 70's - low 80's this week with lows in the high 50's. Humidity is low (for us) at 36% so that's great! Should be a perfect week to work in the yard and plant more flowers. (Had the allergy thing going on a couple of weeks ago -- yellow pollen everywhere, so hope that's gone for a long time now!) Orange blossoms smell heavenly!

Old 03-11-2007, 04:01 PM

20,005 posts, read 67,950,554 times
Mid 50's here in northern Illinois, supposed to be 60 tomorrow, possibly 70 on Tuesday, then another cold snap later on in the week with 40s. Gotta love March! Its by far the screwiest month in Illinois, weather-wise. One day it could be in the 70s, the next the 40's with flurries. Hey, I can say it never gets boring or routine here! LOL

Old 03-11-2007, 04:31 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,058,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay View Post
Here in Cleveland it's in the mid 40's. And finally that big yellow thing that provides heat but most importantly a feeling of happiness has made an appearance today!! lol
Hail to the Sun Goddess!...bye-bye Seasonal Affective Disorder

It's funny to observe people on days like this after it has been miserably cold.
People are out in shorts and tank tops looking like Casper! ...lol...not sure what's more blinding...the big yellow thing in the sky or the blinding glow running around the streets!...haha
I'm from Ohio. I know exactly what you're talking about. That's why I'm here now.
We just got home from the beach. It was a beautiful day--warm sun , nice breeze. Called my daughter who's still in Ohio while I was there and she described the weather almost word for word as you did. She was laughing about everyone up there in shorts too.

Old 03-11-2007, 07:53 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,082,949 times
It is 8:44pm, as I type this, and it's 62 degrees outside. Earlier today, it was 72, with a heat index of 77. Went fishing at the pond, saw a granddaddy of a bass cruisin' by. Caught a smaller bass, almost got him to the bank, and the dang thing slipped off of my lure! Guess I didn't set the hook well enough. Came home, and spent most of the rest of the day out in the backyard with my miniature horse. Perfect kind of day! Hate to be inside when the weather is like this. Have to grab all these days I can, 'cause I know, in a month or two, it will be getting much hotter, and very humid. But, right now, I can smile, 'cause I know I'm not up to my backside in snow!

Old 03-11-2007, 08:03 PM

2,161 posts, read 7,484,341 times
The sun just went down along the Pacific Coast. I'm about 15 miles east of the ocean. My porch thermo reads 88, and that might be soaking up some heat from around the porch so the actual air temp is about 85. It was quite dry here this afternoon with winds off the desert dropping the humidity down to 10 or 15 percent. We have had less than 3 inches of rain in the last 9 months, so things are tinder dry. The first big brushfire of the season flared up in Anaheim Hills, about 20 miles north. I see the big plumes of dark smoke being pushed west out towards the ocean by the dry desert wind. Luckily it's not blowing from the north or else I'd have an ash storm right now. So it's all windows open and enjoy the nice evening

Old 03-12-2007, 02:51 AM

9,751 posts, read 21,603,122 times
It's going to be in the low to mid 80's all this week. In some area's of Vegas, almost 90 a few times this week. It's only march. I still predict a cooling trend to come along anytime by the end of march or before the end of april to stir up things a bit. But i could be wrong.
I like all kinds of weather and after being cold for awhile, it's nice once again to open the windows and get some fresh air circulating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or