U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-16-2007, 01:51 PM
 
Location: Polish Hill, Pittsburgh, PA
29,629 posts, read 65,711,627 times
Reputation: 15101

Advertisements

Is anybody else in the Northeast thinking "what happened?" Just Wednesday the temperature was hovering around 70 degrees in Scranton. Today we're getting another foot of snow! Is this "global warming" at its finest or what? LOL! As for me, I'm just glad I don't have to be out on these treacherous roads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-16-2007, 01:54 PM
 
2,218 posts, read 4,889,748 times
Reputation: 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
Is anybody else in the Northeast thinking "what happened?" Just Wednesday the temperature was hovering around 70 degrees in Scranton. Today we're getting another foot of snow! Is this "global warming" at its finest or what? LOL! As for me, I'm just glad I don't have to be out on these treacherous roads.
I thought global warming meant the Earth was getting warmer and sea levels raising... *ghostbusters moment* DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER MASS HYSTERIA!

Anyways, I know what you mean, it was 70 here sunday then 60's monday, and 70's tuesday.. Then cold, cold, and today, it's cold. I want it to be 70's and 60's! Or just 70's and up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2007, 01:56 PM
 
Location: Tompkins County
282 posts, read 1,149,666 times
Reputation: 210
I'm just glad I get one more major snowfall!
We can put off spring and summer for a while yet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2007, 01:58 PM
 
Location: Polish Hill, Pittsburgh, PA
29,629 posts, read 65,711,627 times
Reputation: 15101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauri_25ny View Post
I'm just glad I get one more major snowfall!
We can put off spring and summer for a while yet!

True. There has been "black snow" (and "yellow snow") lining our roadsides here for the past month, and it will be nice to see it covered in a fresh coating of white again. I'm just hoping PennDOT doesn't botch this storm the way they handled the Valentine's Day storm, in which thousands of motorists were left stranded for an entire day on I-78, I-80, I-81, etc. My father will be heading home from downtown in a few hours. I left that same area a few hours ago and had just wet roadways. Now, they appear to be snow-covered. This should be one fun rush-hour for him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2007, 02:02 PM
 
2,218 posts, read 4,889,748 times
Reputation: 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
True. There has been "black snow" (and "yellow snow") lining our roadsides here for the past month, and it will be nice to see it covered in a fresh coating of white again. I'm just hoping PennDOT doesn't botch this storm the way they handled the Valentine's Day storm, in which thousands of motorists were left stranded for an entire day on I-78, I-80, I-81, etc. My father will be heading home from downtown in a few hours. I left that same area a few hours ago and had just wet roadways. Now, they appear to be snow-covered. This should be one fun rush-hour for him!
Oh sweet chocolate and lemonade snow! LOL! I know what you mean, they put some liquid on the interstate here and it caused one MAJOR accident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2007, 02:05 PM
 
Location: Camano Island, WA
1,911 posts, read 8,105,940 times
Reputation: 1089
Default Wacky weather for sure...

Here's the rundown for the wicked weather in Cleveland for the past week...on Monday we had an earthquake. Then we went from freezing temps to the mid 70's. Then we had a tornado touch down just outside of Cleveland and yesterday and today it's freezing cold and snowing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2007, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Polish Hill, Pittsburgh, PA
29,629 posts, read 65,711,627 times
Reputation: 15101
Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay View Post
Here's the rundown for the wicked weather in Cleveland for the past week...on Monday we had an earthquake. Then we went from freezing temps to the mid 70's. Then we had a tornado touch down just outside of Cleveland and yesterday and today it's freezing cold and snowing.

Wow! Al Gore would wet his pants with excitement over the prospect of using Cleveland as a case study for a sequel to his An Inconvenient Truth .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2007, 03:11 PM
 
Location: Tompkins County
282 posts, read 1,149,666 times
Reputation: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
True. There has been "black snow" (and "yellow snow") lining our roadsides here for the past month, and it will be nice to see it covered in a fresh coating of white again. I'm just hoping PennDOT doesn't botch this storm the way they handled the Valentine's Day storm, in which thousands of motorists were left stranded for an entire day on I-78, I-80, I-81, etc. My father will be heading home from downtown in a few hours. I left that same area a few hours ago and had just wet roadways. Now, they appear to be snow-covered. This should be one fun rush-hour for him!
That was awful for all those people. Looks like this one isn't going to be as bad, but bad enough. NYSDOT is a little better than PennDOT, but not by a whole lot. Most of the roads, at least where I am, are done by the county. They're awesome! They were out this morning before anything started falling.

Hope your Dad makes it home without incident or too much of a delay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2007, 03:57 PM
 
Location: Polish Hill, Pittsburgh, PA
29,629 posts, read 65,711,627 times
Reputation: 15101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauri_25ny View Post
That was awful for all those people. Looks like this one isn't going to be as bad, but bad enough. NYSDOT is a little better than PennDOT, but not by a whole lot. Most of the roads, at least where I am, are done by the county. They're awesome! They were out this morning before anything started falling.

Hope your Dad makes it home without incident or too much of a delay!

Thanks. Yes, he arrived home safe and sound around 3:45 PM. His employer let its employees go home a bit early today, given the circumstances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2007, 05:54 PM
 
Location: Camano Island, WA
1,911 posts, read 8,105,940 times
Reputation: 1089
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
Wow! Al Gore would wet his pants with excitement over the prospect of using Cleveland as a case study for a sequel to his An Inconvenient Truth .

ROFL!....don't give him any ideas!...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top