Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 02:05 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Definitely a rollercoaster, but our weather has always been like that.

We may be 10 degrees over average one day and 30 degrees below average a day or two later. Not good if you have any physical ailments.
True, there are always temperature fluctuations. Those are inevitable.

Maybe I should have said, a rollercoaster - more so than previous winters.

I don't mind it too much, but understand it seems to make some people more susceptible to colds and flu.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 05:57 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
True, there are always temperature fluctuations. Those are inevitable.

Maybe I should have said, a rollercoaster - more so than previous winters.

I don't mind it too much, but understand it seems to make some people more susceptible to colds and flu.
Well, it's probably about average for my area cause we have strange weather.

But following the weather in the rest of the country and reading what it is in different countries~YUP, quite a rollercoaster.

Some areas it appears to be very strange. For instance, parts of Tx. either hit record lows or came very close to it. Now this past week, some parts of Tx. hit record highs. That's not isolated, but just an example of what I've noticed.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:57 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,808,501 times
This was more of a rollercoaster than last winter,
but last winter was 90% steady, roughly seasonal temps
with ridiculous amounts of individual snow storms.

This year we've had more of a mixed bag. Some Arctic-outflow warning days, more days (barely) above freezing to go with last winter's style of weather; periods of ridiculous amounts of snow storms.

For me to consider it a roller coaster,
we'd have to have a few highs of about 50 F (10 C) or warmer and a few highs of at least -15 F (-25 C) or colder
Instead we've had a few highs about 8 C and a few highs in the low -20's C.
(since our normal winters are inconsistant anyways)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather