Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2009, 12:17 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times

Advertisements

This weekend is why I moved down here...we were in the upper 70s and low 80s...heck, I even got out on Lake Wylie w/ my friend's boat and I got a little sun burnt....but, winter returns as we are forecasted to only be in the low 50s F this coming weekend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 01:32 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,808,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
This weekend is why I moved down here...we were in the upper 70s and low 80s...heck, I even got out on Lake Wylie w/ my friend's boat and I got a little sun burnt....but, winter returns as we are forecasted to only be in the low 50s F this coming weekend
Still not "bad"; low 50's counts as spring up here.

*Days in the low 50's are common whenever it's "not summer" here.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:42 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,961,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by §AB View Post
^^ why would you migrate from heaven to hell?

some more utter disgusting rubbbish from australian weather forums.

someone get a screwdriver and tighten up that loose screw!

He's a skier.......it's only natural that he likes cold/snowy/wet winters. Anyway, it's his opinion. No need to be so condescending about it.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:22 PM

5,054 posts, read 6,898,596 times
^^ I didn't know that.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:33 AM

29,890 posts, read 9,961,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by §AB View Post
^^ I didn't know that.
Well, I don't really know. I mean he/she said that they "love the ski fields down there" so I was just guessing that that person loves to ski.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:16 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Winter can’t be sufficiently despised!
I despise winter with a cold-blooded passion.
Winter is ugly, brutal, and utterly useless. Winter is an annual disease that afflicts too many places. Winter comes as an unwelcome guest, stays too long, and makes everything miserable. Winter makes me mutter profane vulgarities everytime I go outside to see the ugly gray sky and feel the icy wind.
When winter arrives the only important thing is; when is it going to depart?
Winter can’t do anything for life because it can only kill and destroy.
Winter causes high heating costs.
Winter is one of nature’s greatest mistakes.
If winter could be personified, it should be beaten over the head with a 2 X 4, placed on the wall, gunned down, and bulldozed into a permanent grave from which it shall never emerge.
Amen to that........and I'd hate to be in Duluth, MN today. The weather channel had certainly bad news.....simular to your above discription.
With added snow white outs.....With the wind breaking up the ice and the water shooting it up onto the land...... Good gosh....It is March the month Spring arrives......No?

Old 03-10-2009, 03:23 PM

1,707 posts, read 2,984,180 times
I hate being in 80 degree weather in winter like I've experienced here in Texas.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:28 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,869 times
In New England, March is the month where you want Spring but Spring won't come. The bitter cold of January is a thing of the past, but it's certainly not warm either (with the exception of a few days).

Old 03-11-2009, 08:10 PM

269 posts, read 783,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Winter can’t be sufficiently despised!
I despise winter with a cold-blooded passion.
Winter is ugly, brutal, and utterly useless. Winter is an annual disease that afflicts too many places. Winter comes as an unwelcome guest, stays too long, and makes everything miserable. Winter makes me mutter profane vulgarities everytime I go outside to see the ugly gray sky and feel the icy wind.
When winter arrives the only important thing is; when is it going to depart?
Winter can’t do anything for life because it can only kill and destroy.
Winter causes high heating costs.
Winter is one of nature’s greatest mistakes.
If winter could be personified, it should be beaten over the head with a 2 X 4, placed on the wall, gunned down, and bulldozed into a permanent grave from which it shall never emerge.

Glad I'm not the only one to feel that way!

Old 03-12-2009, 07:49 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,445 times
The power of positive thinking:

Winter can’t be sufficiently adored!
I embrace winter with loving arms.
Winter is brisk, and utterly refreshing. Winter is an annual consolation and comfort. Winter comes as a welcome guest, invited to stay as long as she sees fit, and blanket all in the beauty of snow. Winter makes me utter delighted exclamations of joy every time I go outside to see the sky, bright with winter sunshine, and feel the deliciously icy wind.
When winter arrives the only important thing is; how long is she going to stay?
Winter protects the roots of some plants with a layer of snow, preparing them for new life.
Winter causes couples to curl up together under big, cozy blankets, heightening romantic moments.
Winter is one of nature’s greatest pleasures.
If winter could be personified, she would be a glittering ice princess who graces such mere mortals with her presence, without whom we would never know the sheer joy of snowflakes gently falling, surrounding us with a crystalline wonderland!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather