Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 01:33 PM

435 posts, read 1,815,211 times

Advertisements

As others have said it all depends on the person & what they see as the worst weather to them. I personally can't stand the heat & humidity. I'd prefer to live in the cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2007, 02:17 PM

653 posts, read 3,408,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethebigcity View Post
As others have said it all depends on the person & what they see as the worst weather to them. I personally can't stand the heat & humidity. I'd prefer to live in the cold.
Than you'd LOVE Wisconsin!!!

Old 04-09-2007, 02:23 PM

786 posts, read 4,733,123 times
Default Erie PA can be cloudy for 40 days and 40 nights

I think the worst weather is in Erie, Pa with those long cold cloudy winters and the Lake Effect snow. It is the grayish city in America.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:34 PM

435 posts, read 1,815,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggB View Post
Than you'd LOVE Wisconsin!!!
Believe me.....I've been trying to get north for some time. That was the main reason I went to graduate school in Indiana- the cold!

Old 04-09-2007, 02:36 PM

364 posts, read 527,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethebigcity View Post
I second that. I really dislike heat & humidity. Ugh!! Florida humidity is awful.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:52 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
I dislike the intense heat and humidity, but also the cold and gray climates of the Northern states during the Winter. So for me, the worst weather would be in Florida or along the gulf coast during the summer, and North (above St. Louis) in the Winter. I'm hard to please..

Old 04-09-2007, 05:00 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,808,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I think that's really a matter of perception... my first thought was Florida, since I HATE humidity & heat! But to others that's practically heaven, and something like Minnesota would be their worst.
Funny that you all were mentioning heat and humidity...

I was thinking any place that doesn't average at least 100 days above 75 F is pretty terrible.

Today I'm indoors in our 72 F house, with fleece lined jeans, socks, a t-shirt, a sweatshirt over top and I'm hardly warm; not warm enough that I'd consider going outside.

Why? Because 2-4 hours in our 72 F heated home is long enough, maybe even 24 hrs to get me to my comfort level. So if I go outside where it's in the high 30's I could handle it for up to an hour, but when I come in I know I won't warm up.

I suppose right now I could really use sunshine heating something up to 85 F, maybe a chair, maybe a rock like lizards use to really get this yucky chill off me.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:04 PM

653 posts, read 3,408,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I dislike the intense heat and humidity, but also the cold and gray climates of the Northern states during the Winter. So for me, the worst weather would be in Florida or along the gulf coast during the summer, and North (above St. Louis) in the Winter. I'm hard to please..
And having lived in Wisconsin, it wasn't only the cold--it was the amount of overcast/gray days too. Not only in the winter but very typical of April, October and especially November as well. I recall a string of 19 straight days of overcast, was in April of 98 or 99. Somewhere I saw an article on Beckley West Virginia-supposedly has the least amount of sunny days of anywhere in the nation. Actually the coldest days in Wisconin, during the winter months, it's often sunny.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:32 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggB View Post
And having lived in Wisconsin, it wasn't only the cold--it was the amount of overcast/gray days too. Not only in the winter but very typical of April, October and especially November as well. I recall a string of 19 straight days of overcast, was in April of 98 or 99. Somewhere I saw an article on Beckley West Virginia-supposedly has the least amount of sunny days of anywhere in the nation. Actually the coldest days in Wisconin, during the winter months, it's often sunny.
Very true. WI and MI are not even close to the cloudiest cities in the states, regardless of what people think. Even in Chicago I think the sunshine percentage was 56%, which IMO is perfect. I can handle one in 2 days being sunny. Being sunny all the time is just as bad as being cloudy all the time.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:47 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
There's a foot of snow on Jacobs Field in Cleveland right now ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather