Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2009, 12:55 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,384,632 times

Advertisements

I didn't look for a link, but did everyone get to see that Vortex caught their first tornado yesterday? They said it was a historical moment because they were able to look inside the tornado. Dr. Forbes was even thrilled and he's not too emotional. They've been on the road 4 weeks already so they were getting anxious.

Guess I was surprised that it was over in Wyoming. I figured their historical moment would be in OK or KS or MO, etc. Just kinda neat.

John, where are you? When I came to read, I figured you'd definitely have a link and news story here for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 05:46 PM

14,312 posts, read 14,569,094 times
I thought it was awesome and great that no towns/buildings were in the path. Also was thinking Kansas or Oklahoma. They were explaining how valuable it is catching it from the very beginning to the very end. Forbes is pretty dry, calm and cool but you could tell he thought it was "the best"!

I went to a "spotter class" at a local college the NWS in Green Bay holds and they had pictures, slides and a film for us but nothing showing start to finish. Class was very good and I think everyone should attend one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather