Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2009, 03:40 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,441,815 times

Advertisements

Via Stormtrack.org

Best photos of 09 chase season - Stormtrack

Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 10:56 AM

5,054 posts, read 6,884,677 times
great pics. Melbourne's weather can learn a thing or two about what REAL storms are. We can't even manage a SINGLE garden variety "storm" (read: one flash of lighnting every 5 minutes) per year.

I'd post a pic but Melbourne's "storms" are rubbish compared to that, and that's if we actually manage to even get one that is.

I laugh at the first poster's comment "goes to show what a crappy year I've had" then posts some impressive pics....man if he'd lived in Melbourne, he would've killed himself - our "storms" are a joke compared to what he gets, not only in Quality, but in Quantity.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:41 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,441,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by §AB View Post
great pics. Melbourne's weather can learn a thing or two about what REAL storms are. We can't even manage a SINGLE garden variety "storm" (read: one flash of lighnting every 5 minutes) per year.

I'd post a pic but Melbourne's "storms" are rubbish compared to that, and that's if we actually manage to even get one that is.

I laugh at the first poster's comment "goes to show what a crappy year I've had" then posts some impressive pics....man if he'd lived in Melbourne, he would've killed himself - our "storms" are a joke compared to what he gets, not only in Quality, but in Quantity.
Pretty much the same as here, storms are pretty much non-exsistant, one thing I hate is not getting any storms, it sucks.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:43 PM

That's the price we pay for living in Maritime climates.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:55 PM

2,397 posts, read 3,343,248 times
Darwin has the highest number of thunderstorms on average but when they strike the east coast and to a lesser extent the southern coastline, they can be very damaging like those Brisbane storms in November last year and Sydney's April 1999 hailstorm. They sure can be very walloping here in Sydney!

Old 06-26-2009, 11:06 AM

2,812 posts, read 5,612,427 times
When I was in high school I lived in Oregon, where the weather is as boring as some of you are mentioning. In the two years we lived there I never once heard thunder! Needless to say I was excited to get back here to to the Plains.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:20 PM

Melbourne has similar weather to Oregon. It's cold and cloudy with that omni present stratocrapulus for 2/3rds of the year, the remaining 1/3rd has a mix of sun and non-descript shallow cumulus clouds. Temps are cold day and night May-September inclusive, even summers are mostly only 20-28C during the day and 12-18C during the night with a hot days and nights occasionally. Thunder here is extremely rare, we had NO storms during the summer "storm season", our only storm this year occured in April and it lasted about 30 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather