Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2009, 06:33 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times

Advertisements

As I look at the computer model runs today the prevailing pattern seems more and more El Nino like in my opinion. The jet stream seems much further north in latitude compared to its typical position and also zonal. The height anomalies over much of Canada are just staggering along with the warmth. The Pacific seems to be more active than usual for this time of year as well. At this point, it looks like the early Fall season will be quite warm/mild for the majority of the country with very few substantial cold fronts or longer lasting cooldowns.
I am sure the NAO and AO indicies will flip back into negative territory down the road, but it looks warm for quite some time based on everything I am seeing right now. Also, the first frost and freeze of the fall season will likely be delayed for many areas of the northern tier as well if the models continue to be consistent on the anomalous warmth upstream over much of southern Canada. (If that area doesn't get cold, no area in the northern tier of the US will see any significant trend for temperatures to be at or below average.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 07:52 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,321,600 times
This is good news, I just hope this track stays consistent for a long time.

Thanks for posting .

Old 09-18-2009, 08:55 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Well, I am sure some people will really like the warm fall. However, the overall weather pattern is extremely unusual for this time of year. We are getting a summer pattern in late September, and we had a spring pattern in July.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:05 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times
That sounds like wonderful news to me, too. AND I believe you may be quite right just from the way our last couple of weeks have been. You know it was nearly summer here before we actually warmed up, but the past few weeks our daytime highs and lows have been around 5 deg. above average~sometimes higher. It'd be wonderful to not get those cold Canadian blasts of air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather