Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 12:01 AM

190 posts, read 465,767 times

Advertisements

I hate summer, winter, fall and spring
I LIVE ON THE OREGON COAST....LOL
it rains on the 4th of july here
it rains on christmas
it rains on easter
it rains on halloween
@$#% it's raining right now............why do I live here
click..............................bang........... ...........thud
oh to be an oregonian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 08:34 PM

867 posts, read 2,139,610 times
winter is my favorite hands down not a clue why though

Old 01-08-2010, 01:55 AM

527 posts, read 1,281,756 times
I love the winter. I love the snow and the fact that there are no bugs. I can't stand bugs.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:22 AM

5,054 posts, read 6,897,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1979 View Post
I hate summer, winter, fall and spring
I LIVE ON THE OREGON COAST....LOL
it rains on the 4th of july here
it rains on christmas
it rains on easter
it rains on halloween
@$#% it's raining right now............why do I live here
click..............................bang........... ...........thud
oh to be an oregonian
Same applies to Melbourne.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:32 PM

190 posts, read 465,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by §AB View Post
Same applies to Melbourne.
I've heard that. my uncle lives down there and says that melbourne is the seattle of austrailia

Old 01-11-2010, 06:55 PM

571 posts, read 1,049,770 times
I like Summer the most. I would live in Hawaii if I could afford it! I do like having the 4 seasons - I just wish Winter were about 2 weeks long!

Old 01-11-2010, 07:38 PM

2,745 posts, read 6,463,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitajas View Post
I do like having the 4 seasons - I just wish Winter were about 2 weeks long!
That's pretty much my sentiment. I like variety but a winter longer than a month or so is unnecessary.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:24 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,803,401 times
I have neither an interest or use for a "winter", "crispness," "briskness" etc.
but I could see value in having a season that's reliably free of heat (no 90's F/32+ C) in an otherwise hot climate.

Obviously I would like a mild a winter as I can get, since I don't want it to even resemble winter.
I'd rather "winter" just mean a quick way to say the season with shorter days and milder UV rays.
*Likewise people who want "cool summers" are probably hoping to avoid a summer all together.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:36 PM

1,678 posts, read 4,010,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
OK, so Jerry just proved my theory to be wrong.

Kay, you're right about Fla. They have them year-round~at least parts of Fla. do. I've seen them in the wintertime down there. I wonder what happens to them when it gets as cold as it's gotten the past few days.

At first I thought you meant that you didn't always live in the Dallas area. I wonder why they migrated there within the past 15 years. You can send them to me. I think they're cute.
We have them all year here in S. Texas. However, unlike Kay, I don't really see them as a pest. My wife and kids think they are cute. I really don't have an opinion about them... just kinda got used to them, I suppose.

Myself, I like the spring and summer the best, despite have living in Texas for more than 15 years. I am definately a heat person, and do not like the cold at all. Although, this I am sure can be attributed to the fact that I lived in Montana for over 20 years... lol.

Ian

Old 01-11-2010, 09:47 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,803,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsizzler View Post
Myself, I like the spring and summer the best, despite have living in Texas for more than 15 years. I am definately a heat person, and do not like the cold at all.

Although, this I am sure can be attributed to the fact that I lived in Montana for over 20 years... lol.
Which particular months do you prefer in South Texas?

Probably true for anyone that's lost feeling in their face at least 100 times during childhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather