Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 10:22 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,408,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbereth View Post
I thought the average high for June in Buxton was around 65 degrees (from the Weather Channel)? Shouldn't it be expected that most days would be below 66? Anyway, I'm assuming that 70 degree weather probably feels boiling hot already over there I really can't imagine how you guys would live in the Northeast during the summer

The average high for June in Buxton is 16°C / 61°F.

The Weather Channel is grossly inaccurate for international locations and it gets the averages from Manchester or somewhere, which is 25 miles from here, but at sea level; we are 1,100ft above sea level, so much colder.

I don't find 70 degrees "boiling", or even 80 degrees "boiling". Some people might do round here, but they are like aliens to me. Anyway it already reached 70 degrees here in April. 70 degrees is about the low threshold for "warm" to me.

I like hot weather, I prefer over 90 degrees myself. I hate this stupid climate in Buxton as it's so damn cold even in summer and 66 degrees is simply warmer than the recent crap we have had. My ideal climate would have summer highs well into the 100's. Living in the NE US or even the SE (Florida etc..) would be a cakewalk for me. I am very tall and thin so I feel the cold and I don't feel heat at all.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:37 AM

914 posts, read 2,103,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post

The Weather Channel is grossly inaccurate for international locations and it gets the averages from Manchester or somewhere, which is 25 miles from here, but at sea level; we are 1,100ft above sea level, so much colder.

I don't find 70 degrees "boiling", or even 80 degrees "boiling". Some people might do round here, but they are like aliens to me. Anyway it already reached 70 degrees here in April. 70 degrees is about the low threshold for "warm" to me.

I like hot weather, I prefer over 90 degrees myself. I hate this stupid climate in Buxton as it's so damn cold even in summer and 66 degrees is simply warmer than the recent crap we have had. My ideal climate would have summer highs well into the 100's. Living in the NE US or even the SE (Florida etc..) would be a cakewalk for me. I am very tall and thin so I feel the cold and I don't feel heat at all.
You live in buxton, england eh? average of 61 in July hum... How do you know that you would enjoy 90+ weather when you've never had it before. and let me guess, where you live people don't have AC because it doesn't get warm, so a day at 90 would probably put everyone through a heat stroke. Thinking back to Texas where I used to live, people dream of having summer everyday in the 60s because unlike you, they get upper 90s everyday. I know there are tons of British living overseas in tropical climates and warmer places like Australia. The ones I've spoken to said they all miss the cool summer in England.!

Last edited by Kaul; 06-14-2011 at 11:46 AM..

Old 06-14-2011, 11:42 AM

737 posts, read 1,036,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post

The average height in UK- England being 5' 9", would make your above average height of "very tall', position you closer to the Sun, and would make one think you would feel the heat as well!

Human height - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-14-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaul View Post
You live in buxton, england eh? average of 61 in July hum... How do you know that you would enjoy 90+ weather when you've never had it before.
I used to live somewhere else, where 90 degrees did happen, so I have experienced it, and also been on holiday in it, and I like it, so I know I like it.

And our average high for June is 61 degrees, 65 for July. I've only lived here from 2003 - 2006, and now from late 2009 to the current time.

Quote:
and let me guess, where you live people don't have AC because it doesn't get warm,
No they don't.

Quote:
so a day at 90 would probably put everyone through a heat stroke. Thinking back to Texas where I used to live, people dream of having summer everyday in the 60s because unlike you, they get upper 90s everyday.
90 degrees might "put poeple through heatstroke" who have only ever lived here all their lives. I haven't, and I'm used to much warmer. And every time I go on holiday to hot climates with 90 degree+ weather, I never used air conditioning, because I love heat.

Quote:
I know there are tons of British living overseas in tropical climates and warmer places like Australia. The ones I've spoken to said they all miss the cool summer in England.!
I certainly wouldn't. Seriously. You seem like some of the other posters on here who cannot accept that people have different weather preferences. I already made it clear I like hot weather, and having experienced it many times, I should know what the hell I like, right?

Old 06-14-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by round tuit View Post
The average height in UK- England being 5' 9", would make your above average height of "very tall', position you closer to the Sun, and would make one think you would feel the heat as well!

Human height - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm 6' 4". By your "reasoning" it should actually be colder "up here" because the temperature drops with altitude, which is why Buxton is colder than Manchester, being 1,100ft higher. Though I know you were just try to be funny, shame it doesn't work with you tho dussit?

Old 06-14-2011, 12:11 PM

5,586 posts, read 10,646,386 times
Quote:
You live in buxton, england eh? average of 61 in July hum... How do you know that you would enjoy 90+ weather when you've never had it before. and let me guess, where you live people don't have AC because it doesn't get warm, so a day at 90 would probably put everyone through a heat stroke. Thinking back to Texas where I used to live, people dream of having summer everyday in the 60s because unlike you, they get upper 90s everyday. I know there are tons of British living overseas in tropical climates and warmer places like Australia. The ones I've spoken to said they all miss the cool summer in England.!
The people you've met are not typical though, why of all the countries on offer would Australia and Spain be the top two destinations for British emigrants/retirees if they wanted cool summer weather?

Old 06-14-2011, 12:13 PM

Sure there are in fact a lot of people on weather forums in the UK who cream over cold temps winter and summer, but they definitely don't make up the majority of the general population. If I were to emigrate somewhere within Europe it would be Seville, Spain, with average highs in July and August of a lovely 96°F!

Old 06-14-2011, 01:09 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,211,711 times
Very happy to have another day of cool and cloudy weather. It's been struggling to reach 70 the past few days.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:52 PM

914 posts, read 2,103,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Very happy to have another day of cool and cloudy weather. It's been struggling to reach 70 the past few days.
good for you, living your dream climate!

Old 06-14-2011, 02:56 PM

737 posts, read 1,036,126 times
Happy to be "cool" under the collar!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather