Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2013, 04:51 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
Oh I don't live in Ireland love I live in Northern Ireland and I will hare you if you don't keep your bake shut.
Northern Ireland is on the island of Ireland [note the name]. So you are Irish, a resident of Ireland. By definition, you can't be British, British refers to the residents of the island of Great Britain.

Quote:
Is that right and what does it say under my passport?
Read it. It says United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. There's a reason why Great Britain and Northern Ireland are listed separately. You're obviously from the latter part, so you're Irish not British or more specifically Northern Irish.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:07 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I had to look up stones when you gave your weight it. I wrote kg for me because I assumed kilograms was the most standard unit.
It is the most standard unit. Nobody except the UK uses stones for measurement. I've never heard of stones until I met my OH. I thought weight was only measured in pounds, ounces, grams, and kilograms.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:08 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,416,855 times
Northern Ireland is in the UK and people orfen assume that means it is British for some reason.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:10 PM

5,586 posts, read 10,654,455 times
Quote:
Northern Ireland is on the island of Ireland [note the name]. So you are Irish, a resident of Ireland. By definition, you can't be British, British refers to the residents of the island of Great Britain.

Read it. It says United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. There's a reason why Great Britain and Northern Ireland are listed separately. You're obviously from the latter part, so you're Irish not British or more specifically Northern Irish.
Stop ruining a perfectly good thread with your sense!

Rev. Ian Paisley says "Never!" - YouTube

Old 05-02-2013, 11:14 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,877,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
Northern Ireland is in the UK and people orfen assume that means it is British for some reason.
No offence but you know absolutely nothing about us. Im not talking about british as in english im talking about uk citizens. I dont really want to be english. Northern irish people are more scottish than english. Some protestants have more scottish ancestry than irish so they are definately more british than blacks for example. There are parts of northern ireland were they follow a presbyterian scottish lifesytle. Not an irish lifestyle.

Northern ireland is not irish at all compared to roi. Its funny because english see us as irish but when they arrive that opinion changes.

Old 05-03-2013, 12:04 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean york View Post
BMI doesn't take into account muscle mass, I'm also classed as overweight with 101Kg at 190cm.
Unfortunately, insurance companies don't take that into account.

Old 05-03-2013, 12:42 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
Quote:

Northern Irish people are British actually. Their official citizenship name is British. Of course NI people are Northern Irish and Irish but due to political reasons they considered themselves Northern Irish then British.
Also Northern Ireland is in the British isles which means people can argue that Northern Irish people are British citizenship or not. People can also argue that Irish people are British (in the sense of the British Isles) but due to political reasons they don't.
I see what your trying to do

Old 05-03-2013, 01:06 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,877,481 times
You are wasting your time arguing with an american over that. They are uneducated and always take the irish side always.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:41 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,816,870 times
Quote:
You are wasting your time arguing with an american over that. They are uneducated and always take the irish side always.
What a ridiculous statement.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:35 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean york View Post
What a ridiculous statement.
Don't you think nei's statement(s) where ridiculous?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather