Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 09:24 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,796,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
too much sun is not a good thing,, it's called a drought. rain is always welcome here...to much of anything is bad, exept sex!!>> that doesn't count
What about "sun-showers"?
That's my favorite kind of rain.

I wouldn't mind if all rain came in sun-showers;
imagine 4000 hours of annual sun in a "lush-climate" with 40+ inches of annual rain.

There are also actual "deserts" cloudier than Toronto in places like Lima, Peru and coastal Chile.
(Where's the *barf* smilie? )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 09:31 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
to much sun is not a good thing,, it's called a drought. rain is always welcome here...to much of anything is bad, exept sex!!>> that doesn't count
It can rain at night to prevent a drought.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:35 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,733,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
What about "sun-showers"?
That's my favorite kind of rain.

I wouldn't mind if all rain came in sun-showers;
imagine 4000 hours of annual sun in a "lush-climate" with 40+ inches of annual rain.
Oh man, that's my most hated weather event! And it happens here fairly often in the summer. There's nothing worse to me than a day that's 95 degrees, then a good hard shower comes along and we don't even get enough solid cloud cover to cool things off. Then the sun comes back out while it's still raining, and the humidity literally takes your breath away. It actually makes me jealous of dead people. That's the kind of day where nothing can cool me off except air conditioning and a cold bath.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Oh man, that's my most hated weather event! And it happens here fairly often in the summer. There's nothing worse to me than a day that's 95 degrees, then a good hard shower comes along and we don't even get enough solid cloud cover to cool things off. Then the sun comes back out while it's still raining, and the humidity literally takes your breath away. It actually makes me jealous of dead people. That's the kind of day where nothing can cool me off except air conditioning and a cold bath.
^^ But I don't want to cool off.

Actually, the sun showers I'm think of usually happen somewhere between th 70's F and low 80'F.
Sometimes it's higher than that... But it's never 90+ F during a sun-shower here.

Sun-showers are the only time it's "fun" to get wet!
Nothing's better than mid-high 80's F (29-31 C) and a sun-shower; sooooo tropical!

Old 02-27-2010, 11:37 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,321,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
^^ But I don't want to cool off.

Actually, the sun showers I'm think of usually happen somewhere between th 70's F and low 80'F.
Sometimes it's higher than that... But it's never 90+ F during a sun-shower here.

Sun-showers are the only time it's "fun" to get wet!
Nothing's better than mid-high 80's F (29-31 C) and a sun-shower; sooooo tropical!
I know, I love sun showers. We had one last Summer, it was in the low-90's that day then I noticed rain drops, I knew it couldn't be rain then we pulled into a gas station and it started pouring rain with intense sunshine. It was so nice (and yes we got wet despite being under a roof lol).

Old 02-27-2010, 11:50 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,719,775 times
Yes, but if I'm outside and its really bright with no clouds then I get grumpy again pretty quick.
If there are big fluffy clouds roaming around up there then I'm really happy. It's been really overcast here for the past year, so yeah, the sun makes me happy.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puru View Post
Yes, but if I'm outside and its really bright with no clouds then I get grumpy again pretty quick.
If there are big fluffy clouds roaming around up there then I'm really happy. It's been really overcast here for the past year, so yeah, the sun makes me happy.
Are you from Upstate NY?
I'm not far away, and our level of cloudiness has been "ordinary."
Normal for here is about 50-100 completely-sunless days,
or at least it feels that way.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:39 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,956,607 times
Nope, not really lol though like Candle I do love a nice sunny day with 3 feet of snow on the ground it's beautiful!

Old 02-27-2010, 01:01 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,418,502 times
I like sun in all four seasons.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:11 PM

72 posts, read 100,866 times
To me, the sun does wonders for my mood. If it stays overcast, it's hard to stay positive all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather