Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 12:11 AM

5,069 posts, read 8,599,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by §AB View Post
Well, Adelaide is still boring and insignificant compared to every other city in Australia. No one is asking you and your imaginary friends to agree with the truth.
It is not a/the "truth" - it is merely your opinion. In my opinion - and I don't care who disagrees as long as they concede that only opinions, not facts, are involved - is that much (not all) of the Gold Coast is ugly, boring and tacky - I much prefer the Sunshine Coast. Adelaide's slower, less hectic image is quite a pleasant one.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I have plenty of non-imaginary friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 12:43 AM

5,054 posts, read 6,898,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
It is not a/the "truth" - it is merely your opinion. In my opinion - and I don't care who disagrees as long as they concede that only opinions, not facts, are involved - is that much (not all) of the Gold Coast is ugly, boring and tacky - I much prefer the Sunshine Coast. Adelaide's slower, less hectic image is quite a pleasant one.

I Suppose they all live in Adelaide enjoying the boredom and blandness. You must be the same if you think Adelaide is pleasant. Pleasant for 2000 year old retirees.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:26 AM

5,069 posts, read 8,599,656 times
Quote:
I Suppose they all live in Adelaide enjoying the boredom and blandness. You must be the same if you think Adelaide is pleasant. Pleasant for 2000 year old retirees.
On the contrary, I simply appreciate a variety of types. I happen to have spent (and enjoyed) quite a lot of time in Rio, which is anything but bland.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:14 AM

2,611 posts, read 3,590,001 times
This is part II of the next month of this heatwave:

History : Weather Underground

Keep in mind, I know Phoenix can probably put these numbers up as well for 3-4 months straight, but this was a HUMID heat! Really hated it. Although §AB is more than welcome to switch with me, oh wait....I don't like annoying rain almost all the time, so sorry...

Old 04-23-2010, 01:46 AM

2,397 posts, read 3,350,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post

In total agreement on this one. Just because one person doesn't like a particular place doesn't mean everyone else feels the same. Personally I loathe the GC and would pick Adelaide anytime over it but rain-wise, the GC wins hands down, SC even more. I find it very laughable at the claims that there's nothing to do in Adelaide - there's plenty to do - obviously need to look harder.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koyaanisqatsi1 View Post
In total agreement on this one. Just because one person doesn't like a particular place doesn't mean everyone else feels the same. Personally I loathe the GC and would pick Adelaide anytime over it but rain-wise, the GC wins hands down, SC even more. I find it very laughable at the claims that there's nothing to do in Adelaide - there's plenty to do - obviously need to look harder.
And the Gold Coast Loathes you Krappyquatsi.

And no, there is nothing to do in Adelaide unless you are into going to churches or watching grass grow.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:19 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,221,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j96g View Post
This is part II of the next month of this heatwave:

History : Weather Underground

Keep in mind, I know Phoenix can probably put these numbers up as well for 3-4 months straight, but this was a HUMID heat! Really hated it. Although §AB is more than welcome to switch with me, oh wait....I don't like annoying rain almost all the time, so sorry...
Only two days that failed to reach 100, and they were both 99.

Miserable!

Old 04-23-2010, 01:59 PM

2,397 posts, read 3,350,573 times
Quote:
And the Gold Coast Loathes you Krappyquatsi.

And no, there is nothing to do in Adelaide unless you are into going to churches or watching grass grow.
Yeah, yeah whatever Such A Blah blah troll Time you stopped taking laxatives And I wasn't even talking to you in the first place troll

Old 04-23-2010, 10:52 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,704,209 times
Adelaide would be a great place at least climate wise compared to anywhere in Canada. Heatwaves there are impressive compared to anything here.
There is always something to do anywhere even in the smallest of towns if you look hard enough...

Old 04-24-2010, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koyaanisqatsi1 View Post
Yeah, yeah whatever Such A Blah blah troll Time you stopped taking laxatives And I wasn't even talking to you in the first place troll
Sorry I butted in your conversation with the air around you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather