Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2014, 05:28 PM

242 posts, read 262,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
You are only 21.

3500 feet would be approaching an arctic climate here.
Sea level approaches an arctic climate there.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:30 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,874,995 times
Naw

Old 04-06-2014, 08:09 PM

242 posts, read 262,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Naw
Yakutsk, the coldest town in the world, has much warmer summers than you. Hell, most of arctic Russia and Canada do.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:16 PM

29,520 posts, read 19,616,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Kitchen View Post
Yakutsk, the coldest town in the world, has much warmer summers than you. Hell, most of arctic Russia and Canada do.
Yakutsk during June and July have averages highs greater than London, Warsaw, Berlin, and Moscow too.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:10 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,318,167 times
Eastern TX here. Yes, I am unhappy.

Everyday practically it's cloudy. Why? It's spring-time, when we're supposed to be able to enjoy some warmth. I just lived, as did many others, through a winter that was WAY more insane than any winter in recent memory. Cold weather season is OVER. I like warm weather, I'd like some sunshine on my body and to brighten up the place, and some WARMTH. At the same time, I'm not looking forward to the period when it's 95-100'F and the sun cooks you like a steak on the grill. This is the period when you can enjoy some warmth but without it being HOT.

Instead, practically everyday, it's the same thing--cloudy, cloudy, cloudy, cloudy, cloudy. Did I move to Seattle? What's with all of the clouds? Why don't you accomplish something and RAIN or else just get the living daylights out of here and stop harassing me and totally raping the nice warm weather? Where are these clouds when it's 95-100 and it's so hot the steering wheel burns you if you touch it? Nowhere to be found then, that's what, during the very period you'd LIKE them. During the period you don't want them, they're like Jehovah's Witnesses or telemarketers--a pest you can't get rid of.

Meanwhile, the past 2 days, including today, it's been between 15-20 degrees below normal. Who needs 15-20 degrees below normal when "normal" is 73 degrees? Why not make it 15-20 degrees below normal when it's July and otherwise 95-100, that would mean it's 80-85 instead? Who could possibly complain about that, and wouldn't that make a whole lot more sense? But NOOOOOO--instead, it ALWAYS does the 20 degree below normal thing in such a way that it totally freaks up the nice 70-80 period, ALWAYS.

I see now why it's so cheap to live here--because the weather is so stupid. Even Amanda Bynes BEFORE her medication wasn't this mental. You get very little of the 70-80 and sunny weather, hardly ever, even when it's during the very period that such is the normal. Instead, it's either 85 and cloudy, or if it is sunny, it's 60, which granted is mild, but not warm enough to be "warm" weather as in swimming or even just sunbathing a little. Otherwise, it's sunny ONLY when it's 95-100 and now it's too much heat, and you're begging for the heat to go away instead of arriving. When you're exiting winter and entering the warmth of spring and you'd love the sun--nothing, just nothing.

Basically, the only weather where it's halfway normal is the winter when it's cold or the summer when it's hot. The spring when it's supposed to be 70-80 and sunny, it gets raped more than a teenage hooker in the downtown streets of Thailand. What in the world have the people of Texas done to be dumped on all of the time like this? Enough already.

Enough of this flipping spit already. Mother Nature--get your head out of your a`s-s. Wake up, I mean it--wake up.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:49 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Eastern TX here. Yes, I am unhappy.

Everyday practically it's cloudy. Why? It's spring-time, when we're supposed to be able to enjoy some warmth. I just lived, as did many others, through a winter that was WAY more insane than any winter in recent memory. Cold weather season is OVER. I like warm weather, I'd like some sunshine on my body and to brighten up the place, and some WARMTH. At the same time, I'm not looking forward to the period when it's 95-100'F and the sun cooks you like a steak on the grill. This is the period when you can enjoy some warmth but without it being HOT.

Instead, practically everyday, it's the same thing--cloudy, cloudy, cloudy, cloudy, cloudy. Did I move to Seattle? What's with all of the clouds? Why don't you accomplish something and RAIN or else just get the living daylights out of here and stop harassing me and totally raping the nice warm weather? Where are these clouds when it's 95-100 and it's so hot the steering wheel burns you if you touch it? Nowhere to be found then, that's what, during the very period you'd LIKE them. During the period you don't want them, they're like Jehovah's Witnesses or telemarketers--a pest you can't get rid of.

Meanwhile, the past 2 days, including today, it's been between 15-20 degrees below normal. Who needs 15-20 degrees below normal when "normal" is 73 degrees? Why not make it 15-20 degrees below normal when it's July and otherwise 95-100, that would mean it's 80-85 instead? Who could possibly complain about that, and wouldn't that make a whole lot more sense? But NOOOOOO--instead, it ALWAYS does the 20 degree below normal thing in such a way that it totally freaks up the nice 70-80 period, ALWAYS.

I see now why it's so cheap to live here--because the weather is so stupid. Even Amanda Bynes BEFORE her medication wasn't this mental. You get very little of the 70-80 and sunny weather, hardly ever, even when it's during the very period that such is the normal. Instead, it's either 85 and cloudy, or if it is sunny, it's 60, which granted is mild, but not warm enough to be "warm" weather as in swimming or even just sunbathing a little. Otherwise, it's sunny ONLY when it's 95-100 and now it's too much heat, and you're begging for the heat to go away instead of arriving. When you're exiting winter and entering the warmth of spring and you'd love the sun--nothing, just nothing.

Basically, the only weather where it's halfway normal is the winter when it's cold or the summer when it's hot. The spring when it's supposed to be 70-80 and sunny, it gets raped more than a teenage hooker in the downtown streets of Thailand. What in the world have the people of Texas done to be dumped on all of the time like this? Enough already.

Enough of this flipping spit already. Mother Nature--get your head out of your a`s-s. Wake up, I mean it--wake up.
I had a strange feeling of deja vu just now.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:35 AM

8,159 posts, read 8,731,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Yes, I was actually in northern France at the time, but heard about it on the news over there, seemed to be quite a big thing. I wasn't that surprised because it felt very chilly for early April even in France!
Where were you? A good chunk of northern France had a bit of snow too. We got 3 cm on the 7th in Paris:
Meteociel - Observations Orly (91) - donnes mto de la station - Tableaux horaires en temps réel

Up to a foot near Boulogne:
http://static.ladepeche.fr/content/m...493066-2-0.jpg

Old 04-07-2014, 06:00 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,408,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
Where were you? A good chunk of northern France had a bit of snow too. We got 3 cm on the 7th in Paris:
[url=http://www.meteociel.fr/temps-reel/obs_villes.php?code2=7149&jour2=7&mois2=3&annee2=2 008]Meteociel - Observations Orly (91) - donnes mto de la station - Tableaux horaires en temps réel[/url]

Up to a foot near Boulogne:
[URL="http://static.ladepeche.fr/content/media/image/zoom/2008/04/07/photo-1207561493066-2-0.jpg"]http://static.ladepeche.fr/content/media/image/zoom/2008/04/07/photo-1207561493066-2-0.jpg[/URL]
I was near Compiegne, didn't get any snow where I was but it was definitely very chilly

Old 04-07-2014, 06:10 AM

4,965 posts, read 5,688,800 times
6th totally overcast day in a row. Not known anything like this in April. I sympathise with the guy above in Texas, it must be far more unusual to have cloudy BS there in April than it is here of course. And it's disgusting.

Oh and I'm sick of the way we're being butt raped by energy companies. They claim that their prices only went up 3% this year. BULLSH!T. In the last 24 hours I used just a couple of lights and the computer, no heater or oven etc... and it cost me £1 for that period, last October that would have been less than 40 pence. Prices have more than doubled, the standing charge is double what it was, and they don't even admit this the thieving ugly sodding liars, may they rot in hell forever.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:23 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
That you live in a very run down area & not a big exclusive mansion type house at all & you have a skanky dilapidated bungalow over the road from your house, also it says that in the distance is a hill that looks like it could be chalk or has a bit of frost on it...
I gotta say, what person making around £100,000 a year (let's assume a conservative estimate by the BS owen spews about how well off he is) would live next to an abandoned house? Judging from how high the roof is, and the property line, Owen looks like he lives in a sub 2000 sq. ft. house with about an acre or 2, maximum, and that is being generous. Either Owen's parents are some of the biggest penny pinchers, or Owen is telling us porkies. I bet on #2, cause as it stands right now, my aunt's property in rural Germany is already far bigger than Owen's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather