Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2013, 06:13 AM

4,965 posts, read 5,689,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susannah18 View Post
The speed of my computer appears to be somewhat retarded recently owing to some technical reasons I suppose. Oh well I have a retarded cousin who is technically socially retarded in everything except fixing computers so he can come around and have a look at it. At least I'm having a day off today so after a busy time at work I can retard my level of activity and take time to relax.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I remember smashing a window with a shoe when I was a teenager because the computer was going slow. My mother was not pleased at all. However, it gave her an excuse to get double-glazing.
I smashed a window with a rock in a rage once when some guy took money off me. I also smashed a window in my house when I locked myself out by accident, but I paid for the repair. Another time I got locked out I kicked a hole in the front door to get in. There was nothing else to be done. I had tried to get in through an open upstairs window with a ladder but I wouldn't fit through. One other time I was locked out I tried climbing onto the roof on some scaffolding we had against the house and the builders suddenly appeared when I was on top of their scaffolding.

I was only a teenager then and it was over 10 years ago so clearly I'm a lot more mature than that now

Old 12-04-2013, 06:45 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Je suis en retard de 2 heures. Je m'excuse.

On more pressing matters, I rarerly smash anything when in rage. If truly enraged I usually hit something soft, like a pillow on a bed. Can't remember when doing that the last time.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:25 AM

166 posts, read 228,445 times
I can't help but smash the source of my rage. I just can't assault another object which didn't piss me off.

Oh yes, and my laptop is an expensive retarded paperweight. And the climate I live in is retarded beyond all comprehension.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:27 AM

Actually hang on a minute, I remember when I did start attacking a keyboard on our 12 year old Apple Macintosh SE Computer playing a really old 2D game (written in 1983) that was really difficult to play. I was 14 at the time.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:30 AM

166 posts, read 228,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susannah18 View Post
Have a nice big bowl of Derp.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:32 AM

584 posts, read 576,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

Never seen you before around here, and you happen to pop up on this particular topic on this post? Why don't you run along and go about your business?

Actually, I post in the weather forum almost everyday and read it regularly. But, hey, it's great to know that some of the regulars think they're so witty for using a term that's very hurtful. I'll collect the quotes and use them as a discussion point with the Special Olympics volunteers and my sister, who is a coach for the high school adaptive sports teams can do the same. It's always eye opening for the volunteers to see how widespread is the case of people being jerks and thinking they're clever.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:38 AM

I don't think I'm particularly clever. Apart from the fact that I have a good degree in a technical subject I'm no cleverer than anyone else. Retard is simply an appropriate term relevant in a number of contexts.

As it happens, I have an official diagnosis of a mental condition that people make fun of all the time, and far from getting offended, I don't let it bother me, because I'm bigger than that. And these people are actually making fun of my condition. I haven't made fun of the genuinely retarded, and nor would I.

So yes Susannah, by telling people not to use perfectly valid words in the English language, you're being highly over sensitive and ridiculous. People in this thread are not intending to be serious, and no malicious intent is being directed at anybody, so let's not create an issue out of it.

Last edited by MeteoMan; 12-04-2013 at 08:56 AM..

Old 12-04-2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post
The speed of my computer appears to be somewhat retarded recently owing to some technical reasons I suppose. Oh well I have a retarded cousin who is technically socially retarded in everything except fixing computers so he can come around and have a look at it. At least I'm having a day off today so after a busy time at work I can retard my level of activity and take time to relax.
Actually, the manager has said I am working today afterall, so I guess at least it's more money.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:37 AM

486 posts, read 560,819 times
Nothing wrong with the use of the word retard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather