Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2014, 12:15 PM

4,965 posts, read 5,688,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Well you British are crazy, when even the Police doesn't carry firearms.

It's a bit odd that Finland is neighboring the Garden of Eden when it comes to illegal and loose guns, but we don't really have much gun violence or illegal guns at all.
Lots of police carry guns here...

Old 01-25-2014, 12:28 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,578,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Well you British are crazy, when even the Police doesn't carry firearms.

It's a bit odd that Finland is neighboring the Garden of Eden when it comes to illegal and loose guns, but we don't really have much gun violence or illegal guns at all.
Well, we're not quite as murderous or prone to school shootings as you guys, so I don't think we're too crazy.

Old 01-25-2014, 12:48 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,666,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post
Lot's of police here have bullet proof vests.

But I live in a city that isn't the safest.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:19 PM

6,517 posts, read 5,815,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post
Only armed response units carry firearms here.

It's better for everyone that our Police walk the streets unarmed IMO. The gun crime in the US is absolutely ridiculous. It was bad enough when I was getting shot at in Iraq and Afghan. I couldn't imagine coming home and hearing about people getting shot everyday too!

Old 01-25-2014, 01:42 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Our police have besides their pistols a backup weapon in the van, either an SMG or an assault rifle. So if someone threatens something with a firearm, the police can always be certain to outgun them. But they don't use them very often, I remember one or two incidents from last year when the police needed to use "heavy" weapons.

Old 01-25-2014, 04:34 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,451,533 times
And the fun continues

Old 01-25-2014, 09:20 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times
An IDIOTIC high school girl cut me off on the freeway while driving in snow . I had to slam on the breaks in ice and almost slipped off the road. Thankfully, my Mazda has anti slip snow tires from Sapporo Japan, so I stayed on track even after breaking hard.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:30 AM

100 posts, read 108,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
An IDIOTIC high school girl cut me off on the freeway while driving in snow . I had to slam on the breaks in ice and almost slipped off the road. Thankfully, my Mazda has anti slip snow tires from Sapporo Japan, so I stayed on track even after breaking hard.
The other day it was wet, and I was on the freeway onramp and goosed the gas. Almost friggin stacked it. This was a 1998 Ford station wagon, no fancy tires or traction control or anything.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:29 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ King View Post
This was a 1998 Ford station wagon, no fancy tires or traction control or anything.
The hobomobile .

Old 01-26-2014, 02:44 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,730,067 times
Soo... I visited a relative who currently lives in some sort of a rest home out in the boondocks. Decided to head to the nearest town by car. There I drove into an underground parking garage and decided to park it in the smallest spot available, and in forward gear with that. Unsurprisingly, I hit a pillar, which resulted in small scratches on the flank of the car. When I finally managed to find a proper spot, I got out and returned 2 hours after, to realize that I had lost the parking ticket. I had to pay €38 for 2 hours. When I finally got out of the damned garage, heading home I wanted to take a shortcut. The GPS threw me on a side road that turned unpaved after a few dozen meters. Before finding a spot to make a U-turn, I got stuck in mud. Of course, it was at night and it was raining. I spent maybe half an hour trying to de-stuck the car. What an epic fail of a day.

Oh, while I'm at it...

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
....................................................................................................

.....................................................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................................................................................
...................................................................................................

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather