Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2014, 11:34 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,872,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiromant View Post
I agree that homework and high school in general is bull****. You spend up to eight hours at school, go home tired and are then expected to do homework for several more hours. Of course every teacher considers his or her subject the most important by far and makes sure you get to spend all your free time studying just that. The focus is not on understanding but memorizing.

Both university and a full time job are much easier than that. So don't worry, Owen, at least it gets better.
Thats so true, especially at A2 level.

The teachers go bonkers giving us bucketloads of hw. Some days we will go from class to class and pick up hw at each class we go to. Sometimes it just gets to the stage that I just don't do it and bring in a note - the teachers are not very pleased but I honestly don't have the time.

One teacher in particular gives us tests constantly and also HW alongside that and never actually asks us if we have hw in any other classes. Like this teacher told us to revise an entire chapter of the spec of 7 in one whole week.

The teachers simply don't care what hw the other teachers give us.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:06 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,379,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Its true i've been working on it for 4 hours and I still have one to go.

I'm stopping to take a three hour break because i'm not wasting my weekend doing his pointless bull****.
If its effecting you so much maybe you should talk to the teachers that give you the most h/w and tell them to tone it down a bit. I'm sure they'll listen especially if you're not rude about it.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:35 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times
I ate too much during the Sunday afternoon lunch buffet and am fat again .

Old 03-02-2014, 03:55 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I ate too much during the Sunday afternoon lunch buffet and am fat again .
Been a week since I ate out (Friday night an exception), and already lost 1.5 pounds. It's super tempting not to eat out when you get paid, I know. You know the cure to hunger? Basmati rice and chicken coated in Patak's tikka masala sauce

Old 03-02-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Been a week since I ate out (Friday night an exception), and already lost 1.5 pounds. It's super tempting not to eat out when you get paid, I know. You know the cure to hunger? Basmati rice and chicken coated in Patak's tikka masala sauce
I am a south indian vegetarian, so for us rice is usually topped with sambhar and served with steamed veggies.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:11 AM

242 posts, read 262,206 times
You're a vegetarian? Why the hell would you torture yourself like that? You are missing out on life big time my friend. How much do you weigh, I doubt you are actually fat dude.

Youtube being gay again, but then again, what else is new with that basket case of a site.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:37 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,217,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiromant View Post
I agree that homework and high school in general is bull****. You spend up to eight hours at school, go home tired and are then expected to do homework for several more hours. Of course every teacher considers his or her subject the most important by far and makes sure you get to spend all your free time studying just that. The focus is not on understanding but memorizing.

Both university and a full time job are much easier than that. So don't worry, Owen, at least it gets better.
Amen to that. My quality of life skyrocketed after high school. Waking up extremely early (bus came at 6:40AM), sit in school until 2PM, come home and crash from exhaustion (unless I had to stay after school), then wake up to dinner cooking, and then do homework. HW, exams, papers, etc. were always hanging over my head, including during vacations and weekends. Then there's the social pressures associated with high school. Thank goodness all that is over.

College was stressful for other reasons, but not nearly as bad as high school. Much better in most regards. Now I'm done with academia altogether. I'll probably go back eventually, but I'm taking a much needed break.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Kitchen View Post
You're a vegetarian? Why the hell would you torture yourself like that? You are missing out on life big time my friend. How much do you weigh, I doubt you are actually fat dude.

Youtube being gay again, but then again, what else is new with that basket case of a site.
Some people don't like meat.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Amen to that. My quality of life skyrocketed after high school. Waking up extremely early (bus came at 6:40AM), sit in school until 2PM, come home and crash from exhaustion (unless I had to stay after school), then wake up to dinner cooking, and then do homework. HW, exams, papers, etc. were always hanging over my head, including during vacations and weekends. Then there's the social pressures associated with high school. Thank goodness all that is over.

College was stressful for other reasons, but not nearly as bad as high school. Much better in most regards. Now I'm done with academia altogether. I'll probably go back eventually, but I'm taking a much needed break.
Yes. Easter holidays will become study time.

People in my school are shallow.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Thats so true, especially at A2 level.

The teachers go bonkers giving us bucketloads of hw. Some days we will go from class to class and pick up hw at each class we go to. Sometimes it just gets to the stage that I just don't do it and bring in a note - the teachers are not very pleased but I honestly don't have the time.

One teacher in particular gives us tests constantly and also HW alongside that and never actually asks us if we have hw in any other classes. Like this teacher told us to revise an entire chapter of the spec of 7 in one whole week.

The teachers simply don't care what hw the other teachers give us.
I always completed my homework correctly as a high school student in India. Failing to submit in a tidy manner involved violent public humiliation by the teacher in front of 35 students. Corporal punishment was a part and parcel of my school life. My dad was once slapped so hard in school as a child he fainted . Consider yourself lucky for not having to deal with being legally abused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather