Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 03:41 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,477 times

Advertisements

I was just talking to a workmate about the big ol’ royal engagement that’s just been announced. I’m sure you’ve heard about it. She is so excited and can’t wait to see the dress, the venue, etc etc.

I can’t think of anything more mind numbingly boring than sitting around with a friend of mine discussing flowers and place settings, or going out with a friend to help them pick a wedding dress.

I must be missing the romantic gene because this kind of stuff just does nothing for me! Hell I am not interested in even having my own wedding!

Most of my friends think I am anti-marriage because of stuff like this. I am really not! Each to their own. Good luck to those who are married, whatever makes you happy, it’s your life. But why just because it isn’t what I want why am I suddenly anti-marriage?

Anyway my original question was… ladies does all this wedding stuff excite you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 03:50 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Well, lets put it this way........I can think of WAAAAAAAYYYYY more intellectually stimulating things to converse about!

Old 11-18-2010, 03:55 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
I like looking at weddings and wedding pictures. Just because I haven't succeeded in this business doesn't mean other people won't. It also doesn't mean I should rain on their parade.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:01 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
It depends on who is getting married.

I had a blast planning my own wedding....trying on dresses, picking flowers, finding the perfect venue...etc. If it's a close friend or family member I also appreciate the excitement that goes into planning the event and I find it fun participating in the planning.

If it's someone I don't know then I have no interest. I don't follow celeb./royal weddings.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:12 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,043 times
I'm not getting marry any time soon nor will I pressure myself to get marry now, but I have to admit that it does excite me sometimes...I think it's just more of the wedding dress part..Otherwise, everything else is not on my mind. Of course, I tell myself that I should find a man first and if the relationship works out fine, then maybe I should think about these stuff. Trying not to get ahead of myself and not focus on the wedding, but overall, the marriage part.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:15 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,893,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I like looking at weddings and wedding pictures. Just because I haven't succeeded in this business doesn't mean other people won't. It also doesn't mean I should rain on their parade.
I agree. I like looking at place settings, invitations, wedding dresses, the whole shebang. It's fun. They're beautiful things. It's hopefully a special day for both the participants.

It works out for some people and for others it doesn't. But I still enjoy the preparations and the things that go along with it, even if in my life things didn't pan out.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:20 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,538,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Hell I am not interested in even having my own wedding!
I have to admit, my husband planned most of ours!

I did pick my dress and shoes and found the minister in the yellow pages.

Hubby coordinated the music.

I told the florist how many flower thingies I wanted and how much I was willing to spend. She let her imagination run wild and handled it all herself - I just picked them up. They really were beautiful.

Our wedding was really nice - in spite of me.

I agree - I don't get all the excitement. The marriage was important, not the wedding.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:22 PM

130 posts, read 317,374 times
The only thing I like about weddings, is the cake.

I don't want to ever get married honestly, a wedding is all about the bride and groom and I don't like all that attention.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:42 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,553 times
I think your just more real when it comes to relationships. Alot of girls that go nuts over weddings are just daydreaming about it. Not realistic at all. Getting married is not about a day, its the rest of your life. To see girls flip out over a single day like its some sort of dream come true makes me feel like they are going to get divorced in less then a year.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:54 PM

881 posts, read 2,253,636 times
I don't mind hearing a little bit about the details or attending weddings but I sure as heck don't want to plan one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings