Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 10:42 AM

14,727 posts, read 33,292,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
I'm thinking the ratio of women to men currently posting in a WEDDINGS subforum, under a RELATIONSHIPS forum is pretty much in favor of the women.

For whatever reason (rude or not), your girlfrind wasn't invited. I think you invited your girlfriend and that pissed them off. ("Them meaning the bride and her mother, and by association, her sister.) They didn't want to "push back" and accomodated your girlfriend at the wedding. But they were still pissed about it the entire time. And that is why you no longer talk to the groom or his wife. No one was trying to set you up.
No, I called him up after the wedding and went over to the their complex to play tennis with him. He never called since and he was less friendly than his usual self while we were swatting tennis balls.

Before all this went down, the MIL was really "sizing me up." It was a yenta trying to make a match, since she was talking about her younger daughter a lot. I felt that, if that was even remotely on her mind, it was my right to deflect it. That said, it was probably the only extra plate of Cordon Bleu. Still, it's no reason for them to end the friendship. BTW, the guy (my friend) is real PWed, so I think that's part of the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 01:12 PM

293 posts, read 562,076 times
Considering my wife-to-be's maid of honor is LDS and married, and my best man is an irish-catholic who uses 'go fack yahself' as a tearm of endearment, I'm not too worried about that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings