Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 09:09 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,935,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Did you even read the thread??

Just a tip, generalizing about "all" women this way is likely to keep you from ever having one
You're not a guy...it's ok to generalize when 95% of the population fits a description
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 09:58 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,661,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
You're not a guy...it's ok to generalize when 95% of the population fits a description
What a crock of BS

Since this thread was directed at women, married women at that, I suggest you go find somewhere else to play - you have ZERO to contribute here

Old 09-06-2012, 10:05 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,195,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Here is one thing about me. I do NOT like weddings. Let's not waste time talking about the reasons though I will say cost is a big one.

Now say I find a girl I really dig and want to be with. I want to commit to her. However I do not want a wedding. I could be just fine going down to the DC or Arlington Courthouse and marrying and throwing a small party afterwards. I do not dig the dress, big reception, all that. What if she wants a wedding? What if we can not afford one?

Basically I want to get the opinion of married women here. Would YOU have married your husband if ya'll didn't have a ceremony or an actual wedding? My point is that if you love your man and he wants to be in a marriage with you, why should it matter if ya'll have a wedding or not?

My husband and I and a couple who are great friends went to Gatlinburg, Tennessee to get married. It was me, my husband, the other couple and the preacher, that's all. We all wore black jeans and white shirts, the ceremony started at 5:15pm and was over by 5:30pm. After the eremony we had a few photos taken then went to supper at a local steak place then went back to our hotel and watched the baseball playoffs. When the playoffs were over the 4 of us went to the hotel pool and stayed there until the pool closed. It was later in the evening though so it was just the 4 of us, no other adults and no children. Went sight seeing the next day which was Saturday, spent the night and headed for home on Sunday.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:09 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,661,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
My husband and I and a couple who are great friends went to Gatlinburg, Tennessee to get married. It was me, my husband, the other couple and the preacher, that's all. We all wore black jeans and white shirts, the ceremony started at 5:15pm and was over by 5:30pm. After the eremony we had a few photos taken then went to supper at a local steak place then went back to our hotel and watched the baseball playoffs. When the playoffs were over the 4 of us went to the hotel pool and stayed there until the pool closed. It was later in the evening though so it was just the 4 of us, no other adults and no children. Went sight seeing the next day which was Saturday, spent the night and headed for home on Sunday.
Sounds awesome!

Old 09-07-2012, 06:05 AM

2,275 posts, read 6,304,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Um, yeah. Because you, being a guy, know so much more than WE do about what WE want.

So tell me, how did it happen that you know 95% of all of the women in the world? Or even in the US? And did you ask all of them about weddings?

While it's a possibility that 95% of the women you know may feel this way, the women you know do not represent the entire gender.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:42 AM

303 posts, read 595,391 times
It's so funny, my fiance and I were having this conversation the other day. I started looking at the cost of putting this thing together and asked if he wanted to elope....which got a flat-out "No." He's got a huge family (and so do I), and he wants them to witness the day that he promises to spend the rest of his life with me. Can't argue with that!

I wasn't the type of girl that had her entire wedding planned by the time she was 8, and being very much a tomboy, have no idea what I'm doing. Therefore, far as I'm concerned, as long as at some point rings are exchanged and I get to call him my Husband, for richer or poorer and all that good stuff, then it's allllll gravy baby!

Old 09-07-2012, 09:52 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,706,199 times
I'm pleasantly suprised to see all the women who would be content with an idea of a "non-wedding" wedding or even a no biggie wedding. If I ever found someone who I'd care about that much to marry, my thinking is that I'd want to give her the world, if I'm not able to give it to her on our wedding day, I have the rest of our lives to give it to her.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:54 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,195,866 times
Quote:
I'm pleasantly suprised to see all the women who would be content with an idea of a "non-wedding" wedding or even a no biggie wedding. If I ever found someone who I'd care about that much to marry, my thinking is that I'd want to give her the world, if I'm not able to give it to her on our wedding day, I have the rest of our lives to give it to her.

The most important part of a wedding to me is the "I will" in the middle of the ceremony, the rest of it is just fluff and about the only fluff I like is Marshmallow in my Hot Chocolate.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:52 PM

419 posts, read 465,541 times
Quote:
Here is one thing about me. I do NOT like weddings. Let's not waste time talking about the reasons though I will say cost is a big one.

Now say I find a girl I really dig and want to be with. I want to commit to her. However I do not want a wedding. I could be just fine going down to the DC or Arlington Courthouse and marrying and throwing a small party afterwards. I do not dig the dress, big reception, all that. What if she wants a wedding? What if we can not afford one?

Basically I want to get the opinion of married women here. Would YOU have married your husband if ya'll didn't have a ceremony or an actual wedding? My point is that if you love your man and he wants to be in a marriage with you, why should it matter if ya'll have a wedding or not?
Heck yeah, I would marry him over and over and over and over again. He's the best person on the planet. However, in my case, HE's the one who wanted the big wedding. I wanted to go to Las Vegas, just the two of us, and get married. He said that we could go to Vegas any time, but since we were only going to get married once that he wanted to celebrate with all our friends and family. It wasn't a huge wedding, but it was perfect and we did celebrate with those folks who meant a lot to us and he was right. We've only had one wedding and in a couple of weeks, we're celebrating 35 years of marriage.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:22 PM

526 posts, read 898,227 times
I WOULD NOT have married him if he wanted a big wedding......we definetly would have been uncompatable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings