Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2012, 07:06 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,360,095 times

Advertisements

Seriously, if this were to happen - a last-minute best man no-show, what do they do? What if they don't have a 4/4 or a 5/5 wedding party?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 07:08 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
If it would have happened to us we would have grabbed someone in a suit and made a different groomsman the best man and put the new guy at the end of the line as a groomsman. Most couples could overcome this issue with or without an actual tuxedo.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:19 PM

2,756 posts, read 4,410,920 times
Well, it could be worse.... The best man could show up with an uninvited "date", expecting her to be embraced and seated at the table with the wedding party.

For example..

Old 09-10-2012, 08:25 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,360,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcambridge View Post
Well, it could be worse.... The best man could show up with an uninvited "date", expecting her to be embraced and seated at the table with the wedding party.

For example..
Yeah, wouldn't that be awful ...

Old 09-10-2012, 09:39 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,245,163 times
No -- the worst thing is when you plan an outdoor wedding and the humidity is so high the frosting on the wedding cake melts and the whole thing slides apart.

Happened to my husband as he was tending to the cake for my sister's wedding. He stopped off at an A&P and bought a couple of cans of frosting, and the mother of the groom put the cake back together again with it and took a great deal of the ivy off the thing the bride and groom were to stand under to patch it up.

No one knew.... but my husband nearly ran for the hills....

Old 09-15-2012, 07:18 AM

2,275 posts, read 6,306,510 times
The worst thing that can happen would be if either the bride or groom didn't show up. Anything else would make it a less than perfect wedding, but not the end of the world. The marriage, not the wedding, is what's most important - something far too many people fail to remember.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:27 PM

54 posts, read 118,834 times
I was a wedding coordinator for several years and I have seen cakes slide onto the floor like it was in the olympic luge, groomsmen who could ignite a 150 year old's cake with just a whiff of their breath, and brides that have no clue how special the day is even if it rains. It's not about the "stuff" it's about the "WE" the "US" the coming together of two people and families as one. It's about the "I love you so much I don't want to live without you" dont matter about the cake, or flowers or music........it's about the "US" joined together as ONE.....everything else is just fluff! Yeah, and I've seen my share of brides go nuts cuz the soup isn't good enough! LOL Like that matters in their marriage!! No wonder we are at a 50% divorce rate! When will people just learn to ENJOY LIFE? ....................................

Old 09-16-2012, 07:46 PM

1,204 posts, read 2,526,356 times
Some wedding don't have even on both sides. I have seen many times one groomsman with two bridesmaids coming down the isle or visa versa. If that would have happened to me, I would have doubled up, no big deal.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:37 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
No -- the worst thing is when you plan an outdoor wedding and the humidity is so high the frosting on the wedding cake melts and the whole thing slides apart.

Happened to my husband as he was tending to the cake for my sister's wedding. He stopped off at an A&P and bought a couple of cans of frosting, and the mother of the groom put the cake back together again with it and took a great deal of the ivy off the thing the bride and groom were to stand under to patch it up.

No one knew.... but my husband nearly ran for the hills....
I witnessed something similar at a wedding several years ago. The cake had been placed on the table at the reception hall before the air conditioning was turned on, and when we arrived for the reception the top of the cake had slid off onto the floor! Yikes!

Old 09-17-2012, 12:28 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,889,845 times
This reminds me of a wedding I was at years ago where there was a dog and cat chasing each other and the groom went to catch the cake and he fell into it with the bride trying to help him.

Oh wait that was the Brady Bunch, silly me.

Seriously though at my brother and sister in law's wedding one of the groomsmen didn't show up. It was the bride's older brother who could be dopey at times and he never showed up for the wedding until the end and he wasn't wearing the tux! No idea why he didn't show up until later but yes two of us bridesmaids walked with one of the groomsmen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings